Skip to content
Monday Muster Checkin May 16
arealgijoe posted:
Well, its Monday (again) seems to come around every week....HaHa

WELCOME to our newbies that recently joined our family here.

Time for everyone old or new here to post how you are doing etc.

How was your week and weekend?

What does this comming week have in store for YOU?

Biggest thing here is rain rain and more rain....yuck! No docs etc ths week, nothing till next week, then just a MRI and dinner out of town.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Gomer .pigeon holes are for pigeons.

DavidHueben responded:
I had a quiet weekend.

This week I am preparing for yet another eye surgery on Friday morning. The retina on my right eye became detached again and needs to be repaired.

DMH
I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up. - Leo Durocher

teddybear200 responded:
I had a very quiet weekend - this see, this week is somewhat full:

Tues and Thurs is physical therapy on my left knee - ever since I have had the brace on my neck my knee began giving me trouble. Tests and xrays show my knee cap is floating and not tracking. Much fluid build up in there. Please no surgery right now. I will do therapy as long as I can

Friday is my appt with my Cardiac Electrophysiologist. He wants to go over my results of the tests done in March and discuss meds for my POTS.

All my appts are early in the morning so I can rest in the afternoons.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

betaquartz responded:
As my wife was in the hospital again, I spent a little time going back and forth. I only saw her once a day as she was on morphine intravenously and is pretty groggy. She is on a NPO order since Thursday, but she has no appetite anyway.

I spent some of the weekend in the studio, working on pottery, trimming, and trying to get enough done for another load. The last of the recent orders is ready to glaze fire, and I want to fire a full load instead of a partial one.

Exercise has been mostly push ups, planks, and pull ups, little time for cardio, and we have had sporadic rain here the last few days making it hard to take a bike ride or kayak without getting wet.

The week will bring more of the same, and hopefully my wife is home by the next weekend.

alliej0225 responded:
Ya know, I think I have it bad until I read everyone else pages and then I know I am really doing well. Hubby has doctor appointment but he is doing well considering the surgery he had. I am doing very well. I have ear infections but nothing as bad as any else has. I do have cataract surgery scheduled for June 6. But even now I don't think it will be that bad. Other than hubby's appointment, we will be unbusy. lol

liladieni responded:
Nothing much going on here...cold and rainy the past couple days. Cooked out twice last week with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. We love cooking out in the summertime.

Still trying to figure out the symptomatic lows I've been having several times a week. I never ever had lows with the metformin, but the glipizide seems to bring them on fairly regularly. Going to keep a diary this week, see if I can relate it to something I'm eating or not eating, then talk it over with my doc.

Other than that, nothing going on that I know of. Hoping for a quiet, uneventful week ahead.

laura2gemini2 responded:
I had a really really really stressful weekend. Had an unexpected power outage that left us without a working fridge for 2 days, and I hope I got the insulin into the cooler on time. It was 80 outside for both of those days, and everything in the fridge thawed and I lost everything.

This week is looking like nothing but cold rainy weather. Blah.

Ask me again next week.

auriga1 responded:
Very quiet weekend. Rainy and cold. The sun is finally out. Woohoo. Makes ya smile.

Not much going on for the week either. Same ole same ole.

mhall6252 responded:
Today hubby flew home to pack up our house for the move to NH. I have appointments this week at Dana Farber and Brigham & Women's. I'l be spending a couple of days with a dear friend in Milton, MA so she can accompany me to my appointments.

The weather here is also gloomy, and that is the forecast for the whole week. Everything is very green and really wet. The mosquitoes are thick as thieves!

Deb - hope things go well for you this week.

David - wishing nothing but success with your surgery on Friday.

Betaquarts - sorry to hear your wife is so ill, hope she is on the mend and home soon!

Allie - glad your husband is doing OK.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Michelle

betaquartz replied to mhall6252's response:
Looks like a colostomy, with a removal of part of the colon. This due to the diverticulitis and the abscess. They are thinking in the next 2-3 days. We had thought she would be able to hold out till the abscess shrunk enough, but. . . .

dianer01 replied to betaquartz's response:
betaquartz:

Good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife.

di

betaquartz replied to dianer01's response:
Thank you.

betaquartz replied to betaquartz's response:
Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

teddybear200 replied to betaquartz's response:
betaquartz I will keep her in my prayers - I can actual say been there done that. I do know what she is going through. I hope they don't have to do the colostomy but just a partial removal of the colon.

I had more than 4 ft removed - leaving just 8 inches so they could reattach the small intestines to it no colostomy.

May she get the rest she needs to heal. May the pain be minimal and she can eat more normally soon after. Deb
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

betaquartz replied to teddybear200's response:
From what I understand the colostomy is reversible in 3 months. Just to let things heal up. Maybe she will get away without it, but they don't give her much chance.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.