Skip to content
Trouble finding treatment....
midniteknitter posted:
I have been type 2 for around 6 yrs. Wonderful treatment in the beginning, weight down, more energy, on metformin regimen. No treatment now for a long time. Moved and can't seem to find a local place for assistance. No job, too young for medicare, but not able to find work. Being careful with diet and exercise, but so frustrated. ,I know I can feel better than this, but I can't even afford test strips for my meter anymore. Any suggestions? I'm 54, ex-smoker.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have you checked your area for free or low-cost medical care?

Here are a few resources that might help you locate a program that can help --

Free Drug Programs Video (Social Worker helps Man with Cancer)
http://www.webmd.com/video/free-drug-programs

Recession Means Free RX Drugs for Some (Pfizer, Merck, Abbott, and AzstraZeneca) http://www.webmd.com/news/20090604/recession-means-free-rx-drugs-for-some

liladieni responded:
Have you checked your local health department? I know mine here has an indigent care program, thats how I get treatment and to be honest it's the best treatment I have had so far for diabetes or anything. Your area might have something similar, it's worth checking into anyway.

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.