Skip to content
Looking for Help when you can't find it
An_202927 posted:
[TRIGGER] Since losing job,insurance and Doctor I have been forced to go off my meds. Glyburide,Metformin,Diavan,Amplodipine,Citalopram and HTZ. I am still using lantus insulin but have been experiencing high blood sugars and very uncomfortable feelings both physical and mental. I have developed a dry cough, difficulty breathing, a feeling of extreme pressure in my head. Panic attacks and thoughts of suicide are common. I cannot sleep, for any period of time anymore although I will pass out for periods of a half hour while sitting up. My family physician was very understanding for a long period of time but couldn't continue to prescribe for me indefinitly without my ability to pay. My outbursts are getting worse and I worry about the effect it is having on my family. I just don't know what to do or how to do it by myself. I have worked since I was 16 and am now almost 60 but with things the way they are I wonder what I will do. Type II diabetes, Hypertension, Depression,a history of family Heart problems. Is there anybody out there?

Take the Poll

What is your best option when you can't find help?
  • Beg for help
  • Look for help somewhere
  • Wait to die
  • Suicide
vote
View Poll Results

mrscora01 responded:
Here is a site that has patient assistance programs listed that may be able to help you. I didn't check the entire list, but it seems comprehensive.

Best of luck. I'm sorry you're having such problems.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

phototaker responded:
Keep looking for help. Try out Cora's idea. NEVER, ever use the option of suicide. You need to not only think about yourself, but your family and how awful it would be for them without you. If you are religious, see if someone in your church can help you at least talk about what you are going through and get some emotional support.

We are hearing you. Suicide is never an option. They have suicide help lines, that might be able to give you more options.

Take care...

cookiedog responded:
Suicide is not an option. There is help for you - don't give up.

As a last resort, go to the ER and tell them you need medical help.

Other options are a free clinic in your city. Or a doctor volunteer of the Diabetes Association.

I have friends who have called the county health dept and found they have diabetes clinics around the county.

Ask your family to help you find the medical care you need.

Stay in touch.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to cookiedog's response:
Please click on this link for Crisis Resources:

http://www.webmd.com/help/crisis-resources

There are information, contacts and numbers that you can access immediately to get support.

Please check back in -

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.