Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Haylen...Persistent Problem With Replies
DavidHueben posted:
Haylen:

I know Michelle brought this up the other day, the problem of posts and replies getting the following message:

"We're sorry! The WebMD Health Exchange is temporarily unavailable. Please try again shortly."

The problem is getting worse and has been getting worse over the last several months.

It is frustrating to type in a message only to be told WebMD is unavailable. I have resorted to preparing my posts "offline" in a text file and saving the file...just in case. Then, I copy and paste from my text file into WebMD and hit "submit".

The fact is that after you get that message, the post is actually recorded (most of the time), but does not show up for an hour or more.

I would bet my 401-K that this problem is related to server and network capacity at WebMD. I say that because if I reply to a post at 3:00AM, it seldom occurs. Of course, most users are fast asleep at that hour.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

rubystar2 responded:
Not me! 0300 is my afternoon.
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
David - Yes, this issue is happeneing across all off these boards. The moderators are aware - it happens to us just like it happens to you and I completely understand your frustration.

We have been passing issues and member comments up the chain and engineers are working on this diligently to resolve.

Thank you for your patience!!! We hear you!!!!

Haylen

davedsel57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
The problem got really bad earlier this evening and then it I could not access the WebMD communities for over an hour. Hopefully the issue has been fixed. So far so good on a few posts I've made.
Blessings, Dave

mhall6252 replied to davedsel57's response:
I agree that posting seems to be much better after the "maintenance" last night.

Michelle

auriga1 replied to mhall6252's response:
Well, posting here to see if my reply shows up. Some do, some don't.

I replied to another post one minute ago, and WebMd told me "temporarily unavailable." This is so frustrating. I don't come back for days because of it. Why bother when your answers to questions don't show up.

The problem is NOT fixed. What in the world is going on? This site is accessed worldwide.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to auriga1's response:
Your comments are being passed on and WebMD is very aware of the problem - thank you to everyone for your patience and continuing contributions to make this community great -

Haylen

auriga1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, Haylen. Sorry if I sounded like some little, whiny kid. Not my intention. Frustration got in the way of my brain and fingers. Forgot the little mantra "patience is a virtue."

The problem happened again yesterday, and I noticed it when I was replying to a post to MSUphysics. It just so happened that we were posting at the same time. Just the two of us. Maybe we're a couple now. LOL. Always fighting, each of us having to have the last word.

DavidHueben replied to auriga1's response:
Auriga:

It is well known that eating "Shrimp Hunan Style" can turn a person into a great big, whiny baby. I think it is those little baby ears of corn in the dish. They contain certain metabolites called "cornoids" which are mood altering!!!

DMH
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - Winston S. Churchill

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to auriga1's response:
auriga1 - I have two little, whiny kids standing at my elbow right now! You sure don't sound like them

And believe me, the moderator team is VERY aware of issues - we face them 8 hours a day across many communities!

Again, I appreciate your comments - gives us detailed information to pass along.

Hope you're having a great weekend -

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.