Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT Den-
barb10562 posted:
In my own opinion I would ask Den to see his psyciatrist and ask for more help than hes getting. He evidently needs someone like a companion to help him in preparing meals and getting to his appointments. There is help for him- maybe someone can point him in the right direction wtih a phone number or something. He badly needs help and evidently is not able to help himself anymore I can only think to have him go to his doctor and admit he cant do this by himself anymore. Please DEN get help for yourself you deserve it. Prayers for you and a big hug.

cookiedog responded:
I have stated this before and I want to repeat it. There are adult group homes for folks who need specialized medical needs.

I would like to see Denial in a safe facility where he has peers for friendship and paid medical staff for physical and mental health care.

nutrijoy responded:
I haven't read all of Den's posts being only an infrequent visitor to the forums. However, I have been reluctant to post any words of advice because I agree with barb10562's post; that Den may lack the ability at the present time to properly care for himself and needs a little physical supervision and assistance to get him over the hump. It would appear that Den already knows what needs to be done but his emotional state and mental confusion over some of the issues cloud the path to resolving those problems. To Den, if you read this post, do keep in mind that your way to a better and more fulfilling life begins with tiny steps at a time. Don't focus on everything that's wrong with your life but concentrate on the small, baby steps, one at a time, that can lead to a positive outcome. Hundreds of thousands of people have been in similar situations and virtually all have survived by making a commitment to improve their health and life. Once again, one step at a time. Getting words of encouragement from forum members may help but you need something far more than that so don't hesitate to seek additional, physical help from within your local community's services.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.