Skip to content
Technical Prolems
davedsel57 posted:
I'm just posting using this as a subject line to let the moderators and engineers here at WebMD know that I have not had one single technical problem since the work was done. Server capacity obviously was upgraded because response time and posting reliability have greatly improved.

It is so much nicer to press the 'submit' button and see my post show up quickly.

Thank you to all who were involved.
Blessings,

Dave
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dave,

I know exactly what you're talking about... the building confidence that when I click to submit it will actually go through AND be reflected on the home page and/or discussions index is verrrrrrrry sweet.

There are some issues that still do need tweaking so we know it's not all perfect yet but we're identifying them quickly and addressing those as quickly as possible.

Thanks for letting us know you're pleased. I'll be passing this on to our engineers. (Hey, they always hear the complaints so they should hear the good stuff too. )
Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
~Goethe

phototaker replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Sorry for the complaints, but I'm "still" getting the Daily Digests thing popping up. Glad all's good with you, though, Dave! At least I can get on and post things!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to phototaker's response:
Thanks for letting me know, Phototaker, that this particular problem is continuing for you. I know the engineers are trying to duplicate the problem so they can address it.
Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
~Goethe

DavidHueben replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice:

For what it's worth, I have XP3 and Firefox 6.0 and have never had this "Daily Digest" problem.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to DavidHueben's response:
Thanks David,

No one else (mods or members) have reported this either so it may take a while to pinpoint.

Phototaker, can you remind me of your system/browser/email program info? That may help.

Also, have you tried doing anything with the popup and if so, what? AND have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and files to see if maybe that stops it?

Please give that last a try, just in case it does the trick and if it does, let us know.
~Goethe

phototaker replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm continuing to get the Daily Digest pop-ups.My e-mail is aol...
Foxfire 6.0 is my browser. I "think" I got rid of cookies once...but do not know how to do that. I'll have to read up on it.

Thanks, Caprice.

phototaker replied to phototaker's response:
Caprice, I just read up some entries on deleting cookies with Internet Explorer. I don't have that on my computer anymore.
I got hit by a McAfee Virus(my own virus protector) that wiped out my computer and ruined my IE. I had to hire a computer company to put everything back, but he couldn't get back my IE.
By the way, I was supposed to get my money back from McAfee if I sent in my receipt of what it cost, but they said I was too late, months later. I DID get it in on time, but they gave me the run around. I'm now using Norton to protect my computer. I will never use them again.

davedsel57 replied to phototaker's response:
Photo,

In Firefox to clean cookies, click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of your screen, then click on Clear Recent History. Make sure the Cookies option is checked and then click on Clean Now. Be aware that when you clean cookies, you will have to sign back into all your sites you frequent such as WebMD. The next time you use the Clear Recent History tool, un-check Cookies and it won't clean cookies until you check it again.

Also, to prevent pop-ups in Firefox click on Tools, then click on Options and click on the Content and make sure Block pop-up windows is checked and click on OK.

I hope this helps.
Blessings,

Dave

phototaker replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks, Dave. I'm doing that now. We'll see what happens.
My block pop-up windows was checked already.

phototaker replied to phototaker's response:
Okay, I tried to go into the site again after I cleared cookies, and the pop-up didn't do it again. I'll try tomorrow again. Thanks, Dave.

phototaker responded:
I guess it didn't work. It's doing it again.

Denial741974 replied to phototaker's response:
photo do you notice I'm helping others. On the board
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

phototaker replied to Denial741974's response:
Yes I do, Den.

I'm still getting the pop-up this morning. It's better than TWO pop-ups, Caprice.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to phototaker's response:
Thanks for trying to clear things, Phototaker (and thanks, Dave, for the instructions).

Phototaker, since this seems to only be happening to you (we still have had no reports at all), can you please write to communitymanagement@webmd.net with all the details.

Include your system info as you did here, include what you've tried and where exactly you are on WebMD when this occurs. If you can grab a screen shot that would also help but don't worry if you can't. But if you can't include a screenshot, please tell us exactly what the pop up says.

Don't rush this... given the holiday weekend, staff on the east coast may not be around so next week is early enough.

Thank you. I'm sorry you're still dealing with this annoyance.
~Goethe

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.