Rehydrating the body
fantasia4bliss posted:
Hello my name is Saundrianna and I just got out of the hospital about 3 weeks ago. I was severly dehydrated and I am noticing that my body is starting to loose hydration again. What can I do to rehydrate my body again to keep me from going back into the hospital again?
DianeR01 responded:

You have a serious problem and I don't want to sound flipant but the best answer is to drink plenty of water. I am guessing you are diabetic because you posted on a diabetes board so drinking sports drinks with sugar should probably be avoided.

Depending on your overall health you may want to talk to your doctor about adding more salt to your diet to help you retain water.

I live in the desert and am concerned about hydration most of the summer because of the high temps and low humidity. I find if I drink water which is cool but not icy cold I drink more and it goes down easier.

Please also call your doctor for more guidance.
accelerate out of the corners
mhall6252 responded:
There are drinks like Propel that have electrolytes without the sugar. Bottom line - you need to drink fluids, eat juicy foods, soups, etc, and avoid dehydration. What do you think is the cause? Is your sugar too high? Are you having GI problems? Are you not eating and drinking properly?

Something must be causing the problem and after the "quick" solution, you need a long-term solution.
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at
Smile and the world smiles with you.