Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'll never gain good control
dustnbones99 posted:
After weeks of out of control numbers i started off this week with some
better readings. My fbs was 104 and i didn't have a low last night. Everything changed when i walked in the door at work. I knew right away that something bad had happened and quickly learned that a member of our community had jumped to their death from one of our buildings . I didn't know this person but can imagine the pain his family and loved ones are suffering now. Ever since i heard this news my meter readings have been in the 300 range.
I've taken my insulin and orals and eaten my normal food so i think this high blood sugar must be an emotional reaction. It's always something though. I can't seem to go 2 days in a row with good readings. It's very frustrating.

laura2gemini2 responded:
Stress can cause high sugars. I found out yesterday my grandma was in the ICU, and my sugars jumped to 285.

Dont get discouraged, just keep at it and everything will fall into place

dustnbones99 replied to laura2gemini2's response:
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I've been diabetic for a long time and never had perfect control but my a1cs were always
below 7 at least until recently.

laura2gemini2 replied to dustnbones99's response:
Also know that diabetes for some is progressive, and will change by no fault of yours. I would test often, and keep a journal of what you eat and when, and maybe something will hit you as to how you can tweak what you eat or your meds to make everything level.

phototaker responded:
So sorry about this person who chose to end their life. How very sad! You must take care of yourself. Tomorrow will be better numbers again.

Loralu49 replied to phototaker's response:
Does stress really play that big of a part in daily numbers?
my fbs today was 171, and I was shocked.. thinking about everything I ate yesterday and wondering why so high - but after reading this and realizing the my strss level has been pretty high maybe that explains it.

davedsel57 replied to Loralu49's response:
Hi, Laralu49.

I can say from experience that stress definitely plays a factor in blood glucose readings. This has been an extremely stressful year for me and my family, and my numbers have been very high. I am currently on 3 diabetes medications - 2 oral and one injected (Victoza) and am just starting to see my numbers come down. So my answer to the first question in your post would be an absolute yes, at least for me.
Blessings,

Dave

dustnbones99 replied to Loralu49's response:
Stress and a lack of sleep will both raise my blood sugar. This is something my dr. always reminds me of but lowering stress levels and even getting more then a few hours sleep are both things i can't seem to manage very well.

davedsel replied to jennyozborne's response:
You snide answer and spam that is against the Terms Of Service in all WebMD communities are what is sad and not appreciated. Your post has been reported.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.