Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Decent numbers
liladieni posted:
Finally, a Dr. visit with some decent numbers. My a1C is down to 6.7...never have been able to get it below 7 before. Cholesterol is "near normal" though I can't remember the numbers exactly. Kidney function holding steady with a GFR of 41...at least it isn't getting any worse right now.

As for the low bs episodes I've been having, hopefully a little better control of medication and mealtimes will prevent those. They aren't too frequent anyway, maybe 2 or 3 a month.

So, I think I need a reward. Some extra time playing my favorite game will do it. Thats better than the huge ice cream sunday I want anyway, lol.

phototaker responded:
You must feel so proud of yourself, with going downward on your A1C! Great job! BETTER REWARD!

liladieni replied to phototaker's response:
Thanks photo

Hopefully, I'll get the a1C down even more before the next round of tests, and drop a few pounds as well. I had a small weight loss this time, a couple of pounds, going to try for a bigger one over the next three months.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

food that helps dibeties
Try raw vegetable. Blend raw veggies that are complex carbs. Complex take a long time to be converted into glocose. They are filling and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.