Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    barb10562 posted:
    This morning my fasting was 61 and after 2 hrs was 78- guess I should eat a little more huh? My endo switched me to metformin from actos and told me I might have to eat more. Maybe he can cut the met to a lower dose. I should mention that I also take glyburide.
    davedsel57 responded:
    I've taken Metformin and Glyburide for several years. I believe it would be the Glyburide that is causing your lows. Rather than eating more, I would think a call to your doctor would be more beneficial.

    auriga1 responded:
    Agree with Dave. The glyburide does cause lows in patients that use it.

    As Dave suggested, call your doctor to see if a lower dose would be beneficial. It doesn't make sense to feed your medication. The same thing has happened to me, as I take insulin. The dosages have been lowered so I would not need to feed the insulin.

    The less carbs you eat, the less mediction or insulin you need. Not a medical professional; only speaking from experience.

    Helpful Tips

    A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
    Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    82 of 154 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

    Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.