Skip to content
Any Help
Carteg posted:
My dad has type 2 diabetes. He has been losing weight, dizzy, light headed, weak and tired, for about a month now. His doctor says that they arent sure and have to run more tests. Any suggestions?

rubystar2 responded:
Does your Dad check his blood glucose levels regularly. I am NOT a doctor but it sounds to me like his glucose might be running quite high. Do you know what tests they have run and what further tests they plan to do? Keep us posted on any news.
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks

dianer01 responded:
Hi,

You said in your other post your dad would be seeing his doctor on Monday, this is good.

In the mean time if he is not feeling well, try to keep him from driving, using tools, the usual things where you could hurt yourself. Stick with small low carb meals and drink plenty of water.

Some doctors are more proactive than others about education for their patients, if your dad has not been through an education program or it has been several years, it might be worth asking the doc for a referal to a diabetes educator and dietician once his current problems have been identified.

my best to both of you
accelerate out of the corners

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.