Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
can't seem to get my profile pic to fit...i need help..
MockBe posted:
sent a message to a tech, and never got a response...i cannot get the crop to work on my pics...

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
MockBe,

Sorry you didn't get a response! I'm not sure why the crop isn't working...I do know that you are limited in the amount of photo you can show. The crop was tricky for me to manipulate so I could show the part of the photo I wanted.

I would suggest you log out and log back in - perhaps try a different browser. (For example, if you usually use Firefox, switch to Internet Explorer or vice versa).

I will look into this and see if there have been similar problems and what the solution is...

I look forward to seeing your profile pic!

Haylen

MockBe replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
have done everything i can..so please help..i am not happy with just the corner of my face...

nwsmom replied to MockBe's response:
MockBe, I have the same problem...that's why the clouds! Couldn't crop the photo I wanted to use.

DavidHueben replied to nwsmom's response:
Try this site for resizing pictures:

http://www.resizr.com/
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi MockBe and nwsmom,

Be sure you are using nothing larger than 4 MB as your picture. Even if it is smaller, some members using Internet Explorer have experienced some compatibility issues.

To fix this, in Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then Compatibility View Settings, and in there make sure that all three boxes are checked and that the WebMD address is added.

If that doesn't help, we encourage you to use an alternative browser such as Firefox (an easy download and installation) to log in to your account and upload your picture.

I hope this helps.
Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
~Goethe

MockBe replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
well i did all you suggested..and no luck...i think i will check out david's idea...but for now i just did that same thing with the cloud pic..i just used xmas wrap...oh well. =(

teddybear200 replied to MockBe's response:
MockBe I like the Christmas wrapping paper picture - at first I thought it was a card you received. I usually take my pictures though my webcam that is all I have, then I put it on my computer in a file, then I go to photobucket - edit it - or crop it, then I copy the url and paste it where I won't.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to MockBe's response:
I'm sorry it didn't work!

I'll look into this more and see if I can find a solution.

I do like the wrap however - purple is my fave color

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.