Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Snappy
Gatorman75 posted:
I would like to know if you dont eat on time can u get snappy and angry.
God is Good

Anon_74671 responded:
hunger can make anyone, diabetic or not, snappy and angry

Michael Dansinger, MD responded:
Dear Gatorman,
You asked whether one can get snappy and angry after going too long without eating. In my view the answer is "yes" it is possible to become snappy after going too long without eating. I suspect it can be due to surges of various hormones in response to falling blood sugar levels.

What makes you ask?

nwsmom replied to Michael Dansinger, MD's response:
Some people get snappish, others may be very funny, quite the commedians. Same ol', different strokes for different folks!

chattigran responded:
yes you do you know your being snappy but cannot help it

Asuage02 replied to Michael Dansinger, MD's response:
I generally have a strawberry and banana smoothie for breakfast. It also has strawberry yogurt, oj and cranberry juice. This has really helped me to lose weight. In fact I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I really don't have much trouble with my sugar. Only occasionally do I have to take my medication, of course I don't really eat a lot anyway or regularly. Taking medication will send my sugar way down to where i get the shakes. I don't have the energy to get snappy.

Doc prescribed Glip/Metform 5/500 that's generic for metaglip. My sugar runs a little high...around 170. I had a 297 on my labs one day but I had just finished having a cappucino, even though I told the doc that but he still insisted on the script. Of course he's a PA and while I know some of them are good and he did help me with anotherprob I guess at least I do have the med if I need it. Are there certain symptoms for high BS to watch for?

Happy New Year All!

flutetooter replied to Asuage02's response:
Goodness gracious Asuage02, IMO sugars of 170 to 297 are certainly symptoms of high BS. I think you need to do what you doctor says and take your medicine to begin with. Other symptoms of high BS are heart attack, brain and nerve damage, strokes, and amputation to name a few. Get serious about all of this soon!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.