What is the "2012 Best Diet for Diabetes"
Michael Dansinger, MD posted:
According to US News and World Reports ranking of best diets for diabetes, the top diets were Biggest Loser (which I co-authored) and the DASH diet.

http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diabetes-diets

I'm proud to have created this year's winning diet for diabetes!

Michael Dansinger, MD

mhall6252 responded:
Excellent recognition!

For some people, excluding a certain food group (like carbs) is just not possible. Or it can go totally the wrong way...I recently saw one of my friends who is trying to lose weight and reverse his pre-diabetes scooping up a cream cheese dip with fairly hefty wedges of cheddar cheese. I was really having a hard time watching him. He's trying to avoid carbs to jump-start some weight loss.

While I've been a proponent of a low carb diet for a very long time, I'm quite sure he'd have been better off spreading that dip on a few whole grain crackers or dipping some celery sticks if he had to have some of it.

He's someone for whom a low fat calorie restricted diet would probably work better, if he could follow it.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

phototaker responded:
Dr. Dansinger....I'm very happy for you! This is exciting news!
It just goes to show how "one" person can create something and change how others can learn how to be healthier with their diabetes! Thank you for your continued volunteering with us and the many years of research you've done to help diabetics!

Tomato05 responded:
Most definitely one of the most sensible diets I've seen, and not only for people with diabetes.

Following it could change my life in a really significant way, I am sure.

Congratulations, well deserved accolade, and be assured that you bring about fantastically positive changes in others' lives.