Skip to content
Glucerna Hunger Smart Shakes
2young2Bgrandma posted:
Good Morning,

I am wondering if anyone has used the Glucerna Hunger Smart Shakes. I tried one before the holidays and was pleased. Now that the holidays are over, I need to get back to trying to eat regularly and more often instead of once a day. I am going to try these shakes for 2 meals (breakfast and lunch or dinner) then eat a healthier meal for my third meal. Adding in fruit, nuts, etc for snacks.

Does this seem like a reasonable "diet". I know starving myself does not make me lose weight which is my goal. I also know I have tried but do not stick with actual eating that many times a day which is why my body thinks it needs to hold on to whatever I eat.

I know every one is different, but any opinions on trying this?

Thanks to all.

Renee

dianer01 responded:
I have used slim-fast as a breakfast replacement for a couple of years, works good as far as I am concerned and has to be less fat and calories than a drive thru egg muffin. I typically pack a lunch for work but when working toward weight loss have done the lunch time too.

Just remember this is a replacement shake, not in addition to your meal.

I imagine the glucerna works about the same way, just check the label to make sure you are getting enough carbs if you are on any meds.
accelerate out of the corners

2young2Bgrandma replied to dianer01's response:
Thank you Diane,

I am on 500mg Metformin 2x/day is all so hopefully should be ok.

They have 6g carbs, 180 calories, 16g carbs, 5g fiber, 6g sugars, 15g Protien and they do fill me up. I am going to try for a week and see what happens.

As crazy as it sounds, I am trying to use this to eat more as I usually eat 1x per day, which is not good. But I have a hard time eating more times per day and still cannot lose weight!! If anything i gain more than I should!! Frustrating.

Have a great day.

mhall6252 responded:
Meal replacement shakes are not my thing - I find satisfaction in "chewing" and would be more likely to use a meal replacement bar. But if it works for you, then go for it. Getting nutrition on a regular basis is a good thing, and it may help you to not overeat when you do sit down for a real meal.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.