Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's your favorite "treat"?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you have a treat that's easy on your BS?

Is it sweet? Savory? A combination?

Mine is dark chocolate with sea salt. I could eat a piece as big as my keyboard but limit myself to a chunk the size of my "enter" button...

Haylen
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
My kids favorite post-homework treat is frozen yogurt.

The store next to us celebrating national frozen yogurt day by giving away a free yogurt and topping today. If you have a store near you, here are the details on "blue spoon day" here:

http://www.yogurt-land.com/

Haylen

auriga1 responded:
Mmmmmm, like it all. LOL. Sweet, savory, salty...

That dark chocolate with sea salt? Ghiradelli??? They have a bar with the sea salt and almonds. Dark chocolate, of course.

I have two in the house right now. LOL.

teddybear200 responded:
Haylen strange as this might be - my favorite treat right now has been oranges.

I know as a diabetic large oranges or oranges for that matter are a no no, but 2 weeks ago I started literally craving oranges I eat 2 a day now and it does not spike my sugars. Sometimes I follow it with 1 oz of Swiss Cheese other times I eat it by itself. 2 hrs after eating one the size of a softball I am only 98.

But what we don't get is the craving. Anyone have a clue as to why one would crave oranges?
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

mhall6252 replied to teddybear200's response:
Deb - no idea why you would crave oranges, but they are really not a bad treat...one "large" orange has 21 carb grams of which 4 are fiber. Maybe your vitamin C level is low? In any case, I think it's a craving that you can easily grant yourself.

Popcorn is my thing. I usually have it as a meal replacement because I tend to eat more than a little!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

barb10562 responded:
This is a great treat and u can have it anytime. Its the little low carb yogurts(3 carbs) and I cut up a strawberry and put it in! YUMMMMMMMM

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to barb10562's response:
Barb, you had me at low carb!

dianer01 responded:
Peanut butter filled pretzles. They are about 15g carb for 10-12 depending upon who makes them. I portion out the bag and stick a little snack baggie in my carry on or lunch for a mid afternoon snack. Crunchy, a little salty and a little sweet....doesn't get much better!
accelerate out of the corners

barb10562 responded:
Another fav of mine and I have it for lunch- shrimp cocktail and yes, I watch the sauce!

DoloresTeresa responded:
Lately I have been enjoying yukon gold potatoes with Trader Joe's low salt chipotle salsa.

Didi

betaquartz responded:
I love my piece of dark chocolate everyday, but also like to have a few olives or pickles, some nuts, or even a roll up of ham and a little cheese. Chocolate though is an always.

betaquartz replied to betaquartz's response:
Oh yeah - In season, coming soon-strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries with whipped cream-Oh yeah-even give up the chocolate for that!

liladieni responded:
Chocolate, nearly any kind, but dark chocolate is best. Just a small piece now and then.

K1MoveCat responded:
Lindt chocolate bars that are infused with hot red pepper

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to K1MoveCat's response:
K1 - those sound amazing. I'm going to search those out to give to my husband this evening for Valentine's day. He loves spice and never gets to have it because his family (my daughters and I) are wimps

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.