Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
thank you all for the lovely supports of the accident and mental illness
Denial741974 posted:
well group. It then the struggle, but I had a mental breakdown, but I just got release today. Yes I know it said to lose the car that I love but my life is more important than a car. Yes I will miss it. No one really died in accident I just had minor injuries, but I'm okay now. They were testing my sugar two two times a day and gave me new meds adjustment. My average sugar was 170 when I was there and sometime 121 134. In the beginning of the therapy when I was there I was eating so much because I was hurt, but I learned so much that I will be okay and eat proper and healthy. I only take baby steps one day time. I was a wreck with my mom when she called and carried on, but would all this happened mom still loves me. And am learning to accept the things that I cannot change the wisdom to know the difference. I'm very lucky to be alive if the was not for seatbelts and airbags I would be gone, but I can say today I feel good, I organize my apartment did my medication. Thank you all and I really mean that for all the support in the comments that people gave me. I love you all I will be okay I go back to work. Getting a ride in. One thing I'm glad when I was a basket case my wanted to fire me, but deep down below essays she can't but I have a written notes where was the whole week, that's all I can say for now just glad to be alive,
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

barb10562 responded:
U will be fine Den- Its made u stronger and able to take better care of yourself. Be proud of yourself that u came through this!! Hugs Barb

phototaker responded:
Den, I'm so glad you went and got some help, and that you're feeling much better today. Accidents are hard to adjust to, but once you've had one, it's so much easier to "flow" with things the next time something happens that's out of the ordinary. It's part of life. I know having a mental illness and learning problems makes it even harder. I'm so happy you're feeling better, and going back to work. Your attitude is great!

I'm also glad that you know that many people cared.

I have to tell you something, Den. Knowing you has helped me to get in touch with some learning problems I have, a little more. I'm much more understanding of myself now. I "still" have to work harder when I reverse numbers, get lost going places, and even get confused in some board games that have lots of different things in it going on. Many things I've learned over the years to help myself, such as putting sticky notes up,(for my poor memory), got myself a GPS for directions(learned how to use Map quest, too), and make little word associations to remember names. Remember I was a teacher and had to learn each name, first and last, in two days for many children. I would write notes of things I needed to do.

Now, as I'm getting older, my memory is a little worse. I even have to leave out my medicines, so I remember to take them. What is important is that you know you're smart. Some people may not understand what you're going through, but if you can work on keeping yourself stable, that's what's the most important thing. So...having the accident just shook up your organized world. Glad your world is safe again!

DavidHueben responded:
Den:

Hopefully, you can continue to receive adequate psychiatric and dietary help.

Having mental breakdowns and having poor glucose control are serious problems that need ongoing treatment.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm glad you're alive too Den

Welcome back and continue to strive for health and happiness!

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.