Skip to content
WHAT IS THE WORD FOR MUSCLE LOSS DUE TO
oldtiff47 posted:
LOW BLOOD SUGAR? OR IS THERE SUCH A WORD?

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Anon_527 responded:
I don't think this is a medical possibility. Low blood sugar MUST be treated asap or fatal consequences will occur. From what I understand, there would be no long-term or chronic affects. Muscle loss is not a known symptom of low blood sugar as far as I know.

Here is a link to information regarding low blood sugar on the WebMD Diabetes Center. http://diabetes.webmd.com/tc/hypoglycemia-low-blood-sugar-topic-overview

oldtiff47 replied to Anon_527's response:
I AM A NON DIABETIC HYPOGLYCEMIC AND HAVE BEEN FOR 40 PLUS YEARS....(MY FATHER WAS ONE ALSO)...HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONTROL IT WELL FOR YEARS BUT GETTING MUCH MUCH HARDER...MY WEIGHT IS LOW...BMI OF 17.3

I WILL KEEP SEARCHING.....THANKS FOR REPLY

TIFF

nutrijoy replied to oldtiff47's response:
I think that the term that you're searching for is proteolysis. Depending upon your level of technical comprehension, you might find this article (PDF format) useful:
Muscle wasting and protein metabolism
You can also do a search for "diabetes and proteolysis" or "hypoglycemia and proteolysis" (sans caps). Incidentally, using all uppercase letters (caps) in a posting is considered YELLing and interpreted by many as rude or impolite. Drop the all-caps in your posts and use capitalization for the first letter of various words only when (or if) needed. Hope this helps.

oldtiff47 replied to nutrijoy's response:
so sorry my caps bothered you.....i have been coming to web md since early 1999....my eyes are not the best ....if you knew me you would know i am never ever yelling...and my level of tech comprehension....is just fine thank you...in fact is damn good....and yes you can do search in caps and it works..

even if i am sure someone is dumb i would never says so...

TIFF

Anon_1092 replied to oldtiff47's response:

nutrijoy replied to oldtiff47's response:
Never said nor intended to imply you were not competent to understand tech terms but it is difficult to determine what one's capacity is in a public forum. I did make an assumption that you might be a newbie due to your use of all caps and my comments were intended to be helpful, not critical (so that you didn't continue to make that error. At least that was the intent and sorry you took it another way.

Since you have been hypoglycemic for forty plus years, you might want to also check out the term, sarcopenia. Sarcopenia is muscle wasting due to age factors and applies to all of us as we enter our third and fourth decades of life. However, daily exercise (usually of the strength/resistance training type) will help maintain and even rebuild muscle tissue.

oldtiff47 replied to nutrijoy's response:
sorry for my reply....i found the word late last night...

tiff

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.