Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Haylen help
teddybear200 posted:
For the past couple of days I am all of a sudden getting the pop up WebMD survey. I keep pressing no thanks and or just clicking it off and it pops up maybe 5 times while I am in the WebMD site. This is happening in all the forums and where ever I am searching for help.

I do have my pop up block on but it isn't stopping this - what can I do this is anoying? Deb.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

davedsel57 responded:
Happening to me, too. Getting really annoying.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

laura2gemini2 responded:
The survey popped up for me while reading this topic. How ironic.

nutrijoy responded:
Deb, I haven't had the problem using Mozilla's Firefox browser and adding the NoScript add-on that effectively stops all unauthorized scripts from executing. The only drawback to NoScript is that all Java script is turned off by default. You must then manually allow scripts at each website that requires JavaScript in order to browse those sites. It's a simple click in a popup menu (lower right corner of browser) and remembers your choice so you only have to do it once. I am very selective in only permitting essential scripts but allow NoScript to continue blocking the rest.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Annoying for sure!

Let me check into this Deb - what browser are you using? (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc)

Haylen

teddybear200 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
IE 9. I have my block pop ups on - and have been using IE 9 for months now - this just started happening and it is every time I logged into this site. Thanks for checking into this for us.

davedsel57 responded:
Just an FYI - this is the only community on WebMD where I get this and it is still happening. The other communities I am involved in - Back Pain, Pain Management and Alzheimer's - do not have this happening.

I am on the latest version of Firefox with all the add-ons and script blocking active and it still happens to me.

Blessings,

Dave

teddybear200 replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave I have it happen to me on the heart board as well. I wish it would stop. I have been trying to ignor it but it is just bothering me it is beyond annoying now.

Haylen any chance of stopping the survey?

nutrijoy replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave, I use Firefox with both NoScript and AdBlock Plus and have never experienced the survey popup. Default settings are in place for Adblock but under NoScript, the only script that is allowed is the one that specifies <Allow WebMD.com>. All other script permissions remain blocked (by default). To date, I have yet to see the popup survey and even the ad banner at the top of the page is frequently (but not always) blocked depending upon how it was coded or integrated into the HTML design.

Deb, you might want to try deleting your WebMD cookie; then starting a new one when you logon again and enter your password (erasing a cookie also erases any logon info that has been previously stored).

teddybear200 replied to nutrijoy's response:
NutriJoy thanks for the tip - have done that many times didn't help.

davedsel57 responded:
It's a shame that this can not be corrected. It is to the point where visiting this Community is more stress than it is worth. The technological glitches and other issues on WebMD are one of the reasons I take frequent breaks from posting. Not worth the trouble. Sorry, but just sharing my feelings and opinions.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
FYI - We've passed this problem along to the tech folks and hope to have a resolution soon - thanks for your patience!

Haylen

Thanks for helping by passing this onto the techs, I also hope it gets resolved soon. Deb

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.