Skip to content
Deb/Dave - Survey pop up still happening?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Please let me know if you are still getting the pop up.

Hopefully not - but if so, is it each time you log in or every time you refresh?

Thanks and happy Monday -

Suzanne
FirstPrevious12NextLast

teddybear200 responded:
Good morning Haylen

Yep still getting it. It is every time I come to WebMD. I press no thanks or close it and within 3 mins it is back.

I can log out and in that it still happens. Thanks for your help.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to teddybear200's response:
Thanks Deb - I hate to be tedious but I have some additional questions if you don't mind:

Are you signed in or not before the surveys start popping up?

Do you get it when clicking into posts or simply coming to the board?

Where are they coming from when they click if they are getting it when they hit the board. (from the WebMD home page, straight from sign in, from another community)

What browser are you using? (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)

I appreciate it - working today to get this resolved!

Haylen

davedsel57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm running the latest version of Mozilla Firefox as my browser with all ad-ons and blockers enabled. I still get the survey a few seconds after I come into this community, and only this community. If I click 'no thanks' it comes back in a few seconds.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

nutrijoy replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave, I'm also running the latest version of Firefox with AdBlock Plus , AdBlock Plus Pop-up Addon , and NoScript installed. I have not encountered the survey popup at all. There are a total of five (5) javascripts used on the WebMD Diabetes Community/Forum website:
truste.com, optimizely.com, crwdcntrl.net, Akamai.net, and webmd.com. The only script that I allow is the webmd.com script and all others, by default, remain blocked. To date, I have not encountered the survey popup. There is possibly one other major difference between my configuration (Win7 Pro) and your's. I do NOT use the built-in Windows firewall but installed the free Comodo firewall instead. Comodo is a permissions-based firewall and monitors both inbound and outbound connections to the Internet. Being permissions-based, you have to "allow" (or block) inbound/outbound requests which can be tedious at first until you have "taught" the software your preferences for various sites. If the [Remember my answer> box is checked (default), you will not be prompted a subsequent time. If you're using Windows Firewall, perhaps installing/using Comodo instead may resolve the issue. Worse comes to worse, get rid of all "browser helper" add-ons and start over with a virgin copy of Firefox.

nutrijoy replied to teddybear200's response:
Deb, I just logged onto this forum using IE 9 and have left it open for over an hour as a test. So far, no pop-ups of any kind. You might want to explore Microsoft's recommendations for blocking pop-ups. If you have already done that, you can also try resetting IE back to factory defaults to get rid of all browser helper addons that may have been installed, with or without your knowledge/permission. Then, before reinstalling any toolbars or other gadgets, see if the problem has been resolved. You can also try using the Comodo Firewall that was referenced in the post to Dave. Lastly, if nothing resolves the problem, try a fresh installation of Firefox and also install the three addons listed in the post to Dave.

teddybear200 replied to nutrijoy's response:
I logged out - left the site - logged back in and within 1 min the survey is back. I again said no thanks and in 2 mins it came back.

I have my block on for pop ups - it works fine everywhere but here.

I have tried to refresh my browsers and still I get this survey. Nothing is working to stop it.

teddybear200 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen I get the surveys when I am logged in. I get them all the time - I'll press no thanks and go read a post or something and it will come back on within 3 mins.

I get them when I go into a few different communities. I had this page booked marked, but I cancelled it in hopes of correcting the problem but that didn't work either.

I am using IE 9. Thanks. Deb

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to nutrijoy's response:
Much appreciation to all of your for your responses!

Thank you for your patience...I feel like Nancy Drew today

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
Just now, as I was reading this discussion at 8:40 EDT, I got the same popup survey. I've seen it several times in the last few days. I'm running IE9. We've been through this before!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

mhall6252 responded:
And again at 8:44.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001

teddybear200 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
It is now 10:44pm logged in to see something from here and guess what? The survey pop up.

When it comes back in a couple of minutes I will take the survey to see if it will then go away, I'll let you know.

teddybear200 replied to teddybear200's response:
Well that didn't work - I took the survey which was 10mins long not 2-3 mins like it said. Logged out and off, came back and there was the survey again. I quit. It is 11pm. Deb.

teddybear200 replied to teddybear200's response:
New update on survey - last night I took the survey and still got the pop up. Today 9 hrs later been on here for maybe a half hour reading and posting "NO SURVEY" showed up. I hope this means it is fixed I'll keep my fingers crossed. Deb

mhall6252 replied to teddybear200's response:
9:49 am....been on the site for less than 2 minutes and got the survey popup. So it's not fixed.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.