Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think I ear infection
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, first of all how is everyone?well I think I have ear infection because when I woke up I was so lightheaded and the room is spinning all day long.I did my laundry this morning while I was walking to the bus stop I was very lightheaded and wobbly. The cars must've thought I was drunk but I wasn't I had a your ear infection. I still have the same problem right now very lightheaded room is still spinning. Any suggestion Dizzy, every time I'm out and about I always get myself a large strawberry milkshake it's delicious. But it doesn't affect me any way I burn all the calories when I'm walking. These days I walk a lot and ride my bike. I don't do exercise for fun anymore or luxury. I walk and ride my bike because I have to not for exercise, yes I'm getting very skinny my belly is smaller. No drinking those milkshakes are no good for me but they taste so good. Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

teddybear200 responded:
Den you need to call your Dr. about this. We can not diagnose anyone over the Internet. Dizziness can be related to your diabetes numbers. But to rule out an ear infection requires your Dr seeing you, sorry.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

phototaker responded:
Den, if I ate all the things that taste good, I'd probably be dead.
My blood sugar raises high with just three slices of pineapple.

No one here can diagnose what's going on...it could be your new medication, if you've never had this before, high blood sugars, (after the milkshake),irregular heartbeat, panic attack...high blood pressure...Some people have inner ear problems.

Denial741974 replied to phototaker's response:
photo and teddy bear it's not my sugar. I get your affections a lot all just ignore it for now. Because right now at the momet, at the medical doctor. something off the counter. I don't think it's my medication because I notice when I put Q-tip in my right ear it hurts. I know teddy bear you can't diagnose the problem but you're there to support and that's better than nothing, I'll keep trying

Anon_527 responded:
Your screen name of 'Denial' is still quite appropriate. You are just not following anyone's advice here.

If you have a physical problem with dizziness, call your doctor asap.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, I have to chime in here - please go see your doctor about being dizzy and ear pain. You've been doing well taking care of yourself - you need to keep it up!

H

phototaker responded:
Call your doctor.

DavidHueben replied to Denial741974's response:
Den:

Do not ever put a Q-Tip in your ear. It will make things worse.

Also, lose the milkshakes. Way too high in carbs, fat, and calories.

See a doctor.

DMH
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

An_240026 responded:
Somethings never change!

A standard milkshake is almost never appropriate with a person with diabetes but it doesn't matter to you because your ear hurts.

The internet or a milkshake can't make anything better.

teddybear200 replied to Denial741974's response:
Den this time it is not about supporting anyone, you need to stop your milkshakes and putting Q-tips in your ear.

If you get these all the time then go to the Dr. Buying stuff over the counter is NOT going to help if you don't know what is wrong. It will continue to hurt until you SEE your Dr.

I am currently dealing with an ankle that swells daily. I didn't just watch it swell I went to my Dr again. She is thinking a vascular problem or cellulitis again. So she ordered blood work and a MRI. I didn't just go get meds from the drug store I GOT HELP from my DR.

You need to get help from your Dr now.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

barb10562 replied to teddybear200's response:
Sounds like your ear is plugged up and sticking a q tip in ther will only plug it up more. Make an appt with the doctor please and find out whats wrong- you dont want to make it worse or lose your hearing!!

Denial741974 replied to barb10562's response:
I know you all mean well, but right now I have taught for things to do. My ear is getting better from the infection, but the room still spins when I lay down. I don't want to go to the doctor because the only thing is they give me is antibiotic. But it's getting better each day. People tell me I'm in denial but I'm not people tell me I don't care. I do care about my health and having milkshake once in a while is okay with me. Someone you think I'm in denial I'm not and I do care about my health. I just don't want to go to the doctors right now because one I don't have a car to take me plus I don't have anyone to take me in, and nothing buses doesn't run that way or share ride. Some of you people think I'm complaining I'm not just discern and thought that some of you will help.not having the car is very difficult for me but each day I think positive.Den

phototaker replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, you "know" we care, or we wouldn't give you these ideas.
What you do with them is up to you.

You "are" in denial if you feel a milkshake is okay. Why do you tell us you're eating these. You know we're going to say something. If you want to be in denial, don't tell us you're eating milkshakes. Do whatever you want. Stick the those in your ears.

It's like you want to have us say something, and then get upset if we tell you not to do it.

When I was a little girl, around 11 years old, I took "3" buses by myself to get to a dentist(and back) in freezing cold weather. I would have tears in my eyes I was so cold. Now, I have "teeth". My brothers just didn't show up or go. One brother has dentures. The dentist would even yell at "me" about my brothers, but I just did it. My point is....if you really want to do something, you find ways to do it. I have a really bad sense of direction. My learning difficulties get me in so much trouble, as I get confused very easily. People laugh sometimes. It's hard, because I know I'm smart. I've learned to try to not let it bother me. Most of my friends are understanding of my confusion with time and directions. I reverse the numbers, write down the wrong thing, etc. I have to look over the numbers a few times, clarify with friends the day before, etc. to make sure I get to the right place at the right times. I make sticky notes. It doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do.

If you don't go to the doctor, and it was getting worse, you couldn't work, which would not allow you to get a salary. You know your body. You do what's right for you. If you take your bs numbers two hours after the milkshake, you would know your numbers. That might help. If they're 200 or 300, you've made the wrong choice.

Are there any health facilities closer? Next time you're there, ask about support services, volunteer rides, etc. Maybe there can be some support for you in situations when you need to see a doctor. Don't just give up and say, I can't get a ride. Have a friend call around for you if this is too much. Talk to your therapist about this or support group. Don't just give in.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.