Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach virus
barb10562 posted:
Hi everyone- has any one experienced the stomach virus thats going around? Ive had it for a couple of days now and cant seem to shake it completely!!

DavidHueben responded:
I did not know that there was a stomach virus "going around". No problems here.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

barb10562 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Avoid New York then cause its going around here! UGHWhat do u do when your nauseous all the time and sick to your stomach? I cant eat alot.

davedsel57 replied to barb10562's response:
Hi, Barb.

Not going around her in Western New York.

We've found that the best thing for this is G2 Gatorade (low sugar and carbs) and crackers as tolerable. Rest helps. When you can, you can start adding foods like scrambled eggs and/or toast. Don't push foods until you think you can keep them down.

If this goes on too much longer, you may want to call your doctor.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Anon_74671 replied to barb10562's response:
had (what i assume because there was an outbreak in my city)_ norovirus about a month ago.

I dropped all my basal insulin rates and lived in gatorade and gingerale for a week to keep my blood sugar from dropping.

try to stay hydrated!!

mhall6252 responded:
The grandkids had a stomach virus a few weeks ago but I managed to avoid it. The typical suggestion is the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast). For a day or two, I'd probably go with it and make sure I drank plenty of low sugar liquids, whatever I could tolerate.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
When my kids get the stomach bug, I give them popsicles - getting hydrated slowly seems to work best for them. You can make them out of any liquid that works for you!

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peanut butter and ways to cut carbs
eat p'nut butter on celery sticks, real, fresh carrot sticks, fresh zucchini sticks. Eat tuna, and other proteins wrapped in Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 14 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.