Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm sorry don't listen stubborn
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, I am so sorry that I don't listen or read any of the comments. It's not that I'm doing a purpose. I don't know what's going on with me. Ever since the car accident I changed not for the good. Some days I'm okay and I think positive than other days it's all negatives. It's hard not have a car around my area. Mom is very frustrated me lately becace I whine to her and whine. And repeat myself over and over. I know what am doing wrong but I keep doing the same thing over and over. Deep down I one mom to love me no matter what but I get the feeling she don't love me when my disease is out of control. I know I even whine to the group and complain I don't know why it happens, but it does, I know what you all are saying I'm a hard case to deal with in the type II diabetes. My car accident was very bad and I should never had it I beat myself up every day forit cry, mom wants me to get over it but I can't help it group I love the car a car meant so much to the. I'm going to utilize Chinese food and sorrow they needed needs to until I'm fall. I'm sorry group but the stress is bugging me and I eat and eat one of upsets. I post a have a meeting for my work I have to go to but not to go. I know eventually the go fire me I don't want to be fired but too much stress in my life. They have to do with they have to do. Aaron I wish you like me I don't even know if you're a lady or a guy but that should not matter. I know you're trying to help me in any way you can but maybe I am in denial I don't know but at times they do try my best please don't give up on me. I just want to be happy that's all.Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

barb10562 responded:
We all want to be happy Den and alot of it comes from doing the right thing. Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. You can treat yourself sometimes -just dont do it all the time. Is there any way you can get another car with the insurance money? Or learn to take a bus? I dont have a car and have to rely on people to take me places. Most are glad to help.

Denial741974 replied to barb10562's response:
Barb I notice you're very supportive, I feel the guys the man are really rough with me. I know they're trying to help, I know I should listen more and talk less that's my problem, but I was like that my whole life I just can't change in one day. Mom is not mad at me but she really doesn't want help me buy me new car or used car because how actin up with this accident that I had. She feels him not being adult I wanted B-tree like adult not a baby, but mom is tired of it and very ill and sick physically sick. She does love me, she has a rule with me Monday to Friday she call, I call her Saturday and Sunday that the boundaries she wants, but the other day I called on Wednesday and Whind and got pissed off and wind, I know this is nonnormal that's the main reason I get the feeling she doesn't want help me at this time my life with car accident, she's using tough love until I sure otherwise for good month or two that I can behave, before the accident she had plans to me that I will live near her, when she comes home from Pennsylvania this year but since how IM and actin she doesn't want that anymore. But I do try my best I'm not perfect but she wanted be perfect for my diabetes. Yesterday she told me I'm sorry no girl would want you. That hurt linking from my mom because all whining and complaining about everything, Terry the truth Barb my life stinks now than ever I know I have to think positive thoughts but I can't think of anything positive in my life. I wish I got barely hurt or died in accident because I'm hurting mom doesn't see that in she's not give me Symphony for the accident yet she was sorry at that, when it happened but she was Rita G and move on. I love my mom very much yes I'm compulsive over her I know a handful. I know what I'm doing wrong am not stupid but I keep doing the same thing over and over I'm hurting her so bad she is tired of it. I don't mean to be like this but I can't think of anything positive in my life right now. My job is on the line again I really do love my job but I never made it to that meeting for my job, and that was mandatory meeting I did not even call that I'm not showing up. Then I went for ice cream a big bowl of yogurt place at all the toppings very large when I came home I went to bed and slept and slept. I want mom to be proud but I can't do it I'm given up on my diabetes it's too hard, so I just fold in need anything I want and died early age. I'm sorry barb on said no food in the house none.Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

phototaker replied to Denial741974's response:
Tough love is the answer. Pulling blankets over your head, not going to your job, and eating yogurt is not the answer.

You know what to do to get better.

teddybear200 responded:
Denial I'm sorry to say this but you are just full of excuses.

You had a mandatory job meeting to go to, but you didn't go or even call - you knew your job was on the line - so you basically quit instead of fighting to help your situation. If you get fired it is your fault.

You keep saying I can't go places I have no car. Well there are buses, taxi's and people who can drive you around. You just find excuses as to why you can't get a ride. If you have money for fast food and junk food then you must have money for rides.

I don't have a car anymore - I take rides from friends I offer them a little money for gas - sometimes they take it and sometimes they tell me no. I have appts 4 to 5 days a week since Feb. I have never missed an appt. do to no ride. I go food shopping once a month - It takes me about an hour and a half and my friend doesn't mind, she even helps bring it to my apartment cause she knows I need the help. That is what friends are for.

You could get a ride if you wanted too, What about your men's group certainly someone in there could help or even suggest where you could get help. I think you are just wanting to give up and not help yourself. No one on this board is being hard on you - that is how you are receiving it. We are telling you the truth and you don't want to hear it. If you help yourself others will want to help you.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

brunosbud replied to teddybear200's response:
I would be happy to drive you anywhere you wanted to go. It would be my pleasure. Text me when you need a ride. H.B, CA

mhall6252 replied to Denial741974's response:
Hmmm... no food in the house? But you can get to the ice cream shop?

Can't get to your mandatory job meeting but got out for ice cream?

You have to care about yourself and what happens to you. No one else can do that for you.

I'm not sure what you really want from us.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

betatoo replied to mhall6252's response:
I'm not sure what you really want from us.

The answer to that is more of the same. I have seen this spiral gong on now for two years. There is no answer for any of it,

Den take responsibility for your actions. . . PLAIN & SIMPLE!

brunosbud responded:
I became a much happier person once I realized, change is not an event. It's a process.

Funny how a change in perspective can make all the difference...

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.