Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on my medical mystery (OT)
teddybear200 posted:
Awhile ago I said I'd post as soon as I know something so here goes.

Here is my current medical diagnosis (confirmed):

CHF - Comgestive Heart Failure, unspecified
LVDD- Left Ventricle Diastolic Dysfunction
Essential hypertension, benign
Tricuspid Regurgitation - mild
Edema - severe
Autonomic dysfunction
Neurogenic Bladder -NOS
Lupus anticoagulant w/hemorrhagic disorder
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis - NASH
Iron deficient Anemia
Vit D deficiency
Abnormal EKG's - prominent R(V1) and left axis - nonspecific - as seen in patients with pulmonary disease
-nonspecific T-abnormality.

dry cough on a daily basis, still 8/10 lb weight gain daily - makes Shortness Of Breath worse until I take the water pills.

Been though the wringer again with blood tests and other tests - Right leg will not stop swelling even with water pills will be having MRI on ankle and knee next week.

No improvement at all in Pulmonary Rehab They are sending me to my new PH Dr on April 12th, 3 Drs have told me another RHC needs to be ordered. My blood pressure has been climbing from my normal of 90/50 to now 118/78 to 120/85.

Just thought I'd update a little until I know more. Deb
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle.
Want to know more about me - come join us at www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

phototaker responded:
Deb, thanks for sharing this with us. You are dealing with so many different things.

Do you take Lisinopril(for cholesterol)? After a while, people can develop a dry cough, my pharmacist told me.

I can't believe the weight gain in one day. I thought my three lbs. was a lot.

Congestive heart failure is a tough one. My mom had that.
You're doing well considering all you're dealing with, Deb.
Take care.

nwsmom replied to phototaker's response:
Deb, if you take an ACE you may have a dry cough, sometimes severe. (We usually are prescribed ACEs to "protect our kidneys", and maybe lower BP.) I cannot take any ACE because of the coughing, switched to an ARB a number of years ago.

Nancy

teddybear200 replied to phototaker's response:
Photo and Nwsmom - thank you for your replies.

Photo I take Zetia and Lovastatin to keep my cholesterol normal. I have the genetic form of high cholesterol. So help is needed in my case. Been on them for 3yrs.

Today I was suppose to cut my friends hair - but since I couldn't take the water pills last night I woke up so swollen in my hands I couldn't get my fingers in the scissors, thankfully she is here one more day I'll be able to cut it later. This is a daily thing so water pills are a necessary part of my life right now.

Nwsmom - we tried the ACE inhibitors for my rapid heart rate and it dropped my blood pressure to 80/40. Not good. My resting heart rate current is now 100 beats per minute - when I go to pulmonary rehab they panic because instead of the heart rate increasing my decreases. So until I see the my new PH Doc and get the RHC nothing can be done except watch and wait.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to teddybear200's response:
You are dealing with so much and it's amazing how positive and determined you are! I hope the new PH has a course of action that will be more effective. Watching and waiting is no fun

Thank you for sharing - sending (((hugs))) your way!

cookiedog replied to teddybear200's response:
I have excessive fluid from liver failure. Mine collects in my chest cavity(pleural effusion) and my abdomen (ascites).

None in my extremities.

It is a huge problem for folks in liver failure. The very first line of attack for us is a low salt diet. I am limited to 1500 mg of salt per day. I also take Spironalactone and Lasix.

I eat almost no processed foods to avoid sodium consumption.

mhall6252 replied to cookiedog's response:
(((Hugs))) to both of you.

Deb - your positive attitude is a wonder, really! You are one brave soul to go through what you do each and every day. I surely hope that you can get some answers soon.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

teddybear200 replied to cookiedog's response:
Haylen, Cookiedog and Michelle Thanks for the hugs.

Haylen Watching and waiting is no fun but it must be done.

Cookiedog - My heart goes out to you having liver failure can't be fun. I will pray they can help you further, are they talking about a transplant?

My sodium is restricted to less than 1,000mg a day. My food journal shows I only consume 850mg a day yet the blood tests shows higher than normal levels. We are still investigating this avenue. I have to take 20MEQ's of potassium 3 times a day plus Torsemide to expel all the fluid. I have to watch everything I eat, processed foods are not in my food plan.

Michelle I don't feel like a brave soul - that would be you for all that you have gone through, I pray that you continue to get stronger. I do feel like I am getting closer to an answer it just is taking a long time. I need to remain patient.

The strange thing with all this going on my sugars are still normal go figure. But I don't really eat out of my food plan. Thanks again for all the support it is what keeps me going.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.