Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I Guess That Leaves Me Out
Debsbears posted:
Since this is a diabetes board and that is what people want to talk about "only".I have read - studied and learned about diabetes and with my Drs help put me in remission. So what can I talk about? Nothing!

I have read one too many comments about how this is not a diabetes anymore so fine I'm out.

I guess I'll have to quite talking about my Medical Mystery, if you want to know more on how things are with me you'll have to read my blog since at the present time I am in remission with my diabetes and my Medical Mystery doesn't pertain to diabetes.

This is so ridiculous I thought this board was excepting of others.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

FirstPrevious12NextLast

davedsel57 responded:
Deb, I'm following your blog and posted some comments there.

If you or anyone would like to contact me via e-mail, you may do so at davedselforgracetoday@yahoo.com.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
Deb, Dave, Beta, and others:

I don't think anyone should leave this forum based on the repetitive and sometimes wacky comments of a couple of people. That just makes them the "winners".

I am not about to fold my tent as long as I can read and respond. I am not going to let a couple of fools dominate the narrative.

Please stay around.

David

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
The WebMD Community team understands your frustrations and we are working to make this community a comfortable, supportive, informative place to talk about your life with diabetes.

Board disruption is and attacking members violate WebMD's Terms and Conditions and will not be tolerated. It might take some time on a Monday morning to address problems and concerns but please know that you are being heard.

Haylen

mrscora01 replied to DavidHueben's response:
I have to agree with David. I hate to see the regular folks disappear because of drama.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, thank you for your help but since I am okay with my diabetes I'll probably stay back for awhile.

I will be as supportive as I can in reference to diabetes. I will refrain from my health problems since that seems to be what some people don't want to hear about.

DavidHueben replied to Debsbears's response:
Deb:

You are definitely NOT part of the problem here. Your posts are informative, regardless of the topic. I hope people don't consider my eye issues to be inappropriate either.

Please stay. The fools will die on the vine, eventually.

DMH
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
Please address a post to me when you go to Mayo! I"m very interested in what you find out at the clinic and hoping that you find answers and relief from your painful symptoms soon!

Thank you for all of your valuable and insightful posts here!

Haylen

davedsel57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,

This makes me feel better. Mr. Heuben and Cora bring up some very good points as well. I will continue to read and maybe post if so inspired.

I do enjoy this group and have learned so much, and continue to do so each time I visit. I greatly admire the spirit of everyone, but especially Deb and DavidHeuben who rise above their circumstances to share information and support others in this community.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Good to hear Dave!

There are many great spirits in this community. Although I do not have diabetes, rarely does a day go by when I am not inspired to take better care of myself and be grateful for life's many blessings when I visit here.

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
Whatever else affects us can and often does impact our diabetes control. I don't think anyone should leave this board or refrain from talking about other topics. We are not one-dimensional human beings.

I have no intention of refraining from discussing my breast cancer journey.

Deb - please, please, please reconsider!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Phototaker123 responded:
Deb, I would not want to see you go! Please reconsider!

auriga1 responded:
Deb, I haven't been on in awhile. You are a valuable contributor and make us aspire to be better people, because of your trials and tribulations. You also appear to be a kind person through the tone of your posts. That would be missed immensely.

As Michelle said, we are not one-dimensional people. What would the world be? My goodness.

Take some time if need be, but don't disappear entirely. I like reading your thoughts and comments.

Debsbears responded:
Okay, I hear you all I am staying. But not under the teddybear200 name. Debsbears fits me better. I currently have 185 left. They range from 1/4" to 2 feet tall. All of them were gifts except for the 1/4" pewter bear I paid a whole $5.00 for her.

I feel awed by your comments to the point of tears. Thank you for allowing me to update my on health. Once I get the answers I am sure we will all be happy campers and I won't have to bug you guys about it any more. Thanks for lending your ears, eyes and giving all the hugs you have sent my way I could not get through this all without you, much appreciation to you all. Deb

mhall6252 replied to Debsbears's response:
Deb - so glad to read this! And you couldn't possibly "bug" us!

Have a great night!

Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.