Skip to content
Hello May - Roll Call!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Well, it's almost May, a few hours away.

Let's check in and see who is here:

I'm Haylen, the community moderator. I live in Los Angeles with my husband of 10 years and my daughters ages 3 and 7.

Anyone else want to pop in and say hey? Lurkers welcome!!!!!!!

Haylen
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Debsbears responded:
Hi I'm Deb. I live alone on the Fox River in Waukesha, WI.

I was dx'd with T-2 in Oct. 2007, with hard work my Dr and I put it in remission in March of 2010. I am still a diabetic just working hard at keeping it at bay with out meds.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

davedsel57 responded:
Popping in and saying "hey".
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Phototaker123 responded:
Hi All & Haylen,
I'm a now retired schoolteacher who has Diabetes II. I used no medicine for around four years now. Just recently, I started Metformin, 500 mg. I struggle with keeping my numbers in tow, much more now than before. I was just on prednisone recently for a pinched nerve, and it sent my numbers up into the 200's for a few days. It took days after that to come down again. Exercise doesn't bring my numbers down right away, but up. I have to wait a few hours for them to come down, not like others here. I'm now trying to eat "after" I exercise. Today was the first time I tried that.
I exercise doing UJam 4 to 5 days a week for around 45 min. to an hour. I also do swim aerobics once a week, hike when doing photo shoots, and ballroom and other dancing on weekends at times.
I volunteer in my girlfriend's classroom, taking her 2nd graders to another room to work. She keeps the first graders and works with them. I love to travel, and have more time to do that now! My passion is photography, and I'm constantly working on my skills with photo taking. As you can tell, I also love to dance.
Welcome newcomers!

DavidHueben responded:
Hello frim Overland Park, Kansas. Have a good month.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
Thought I would also wish everyone a Happy May Day.

Praying we all have a Marvelous May.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

laura2gemini2 responded:
Hey from Columbus Ohio. (We're all high in the middle, and round at both ends )

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave,

I rarely get headaches and woke up with a whopper today - your flowers took the frown off my face!

Time to google "home headache remedies" in my favorite website

mhall6252 responded:
Hi from Salem, NH! Went to Fenway Park with my son last night - awesome!!!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Phototaker123's response:
Photo - you have an interesting way of being "retired" - I love it!

You need to put up a profile pic of one of your photos - please?

Haylen

betatoo responded:
Hi from Central PA,
I have also signed on as betaquartz, but have problems with the sign in.
I was diagnosed in 2009, a month before retirement, and stick to a strict diet-starch intolerant. I exercise on a regular basis, and have become the incredible shrinking man as a result. I was originally at a 34 inch waist and 167-170 at time of dx. Now 150-155 with a 30 inch waist. All on 5'9". I am not on medication, and following my Dr. orders do not eat white, except cauliflower, and do not test. Last A1C was 5.9,

Have great day.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to betatoo's response:
Hi beta!

"Do not eat white" - that sounds like a good plan. No mayo or ranch dressing then, huh?

How is pottery going? Do you have any new projects?

Haylen

betatoo replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Even though I know you are messing with me, I have dropped most of the mayo in favor of lower sugar Salad dressing, Ranch is still a staple as it usually has very little sugars. Strange how a lot of vinaigrettes have sugar in them. Caesar is one of my favorites.

Pottery-just finishing up an order of chalices and patens for graduations, and working on some bowls for the "Open bowl" thing at the school district I used to teach in. I am also doing urns for my wife and myself and a few other people that have asked. This summer several lamps have to be made, and chalices and patens for next year hopefully. I am also doing a some pots for some shows next year.

I built myself a new computer this winter and am building a desk for it downstairs before I install it into the present position. New one is state of the art, and will allow me to play more with the 3D programs I love.

Through all of this the continuation of diet and exercise are on the top of my list. I am interested in beating this disease for the rest of my life-hopefully many more years.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to betatoo's response:
Your pottery projects sound lovely - will you be posting photos on your blog?

H

p.s. You built a computer?!?!

betatoo replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Next load I will post as it comes from the kiln.

Yes, I had never done it before, so decided to try it out. bought most of the parts from newegg, including a case, SSD drive, HD drive, processor etc. Put it together in 2 evenings and had it up and running. Really easy, there are a lot of sites out there that help you with building one.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.