Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
"May the Fourth" Be With You..
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
For any of you Star Wars fans out there.

Any fun weekend plans? We are having a Cinco De Mayo get together tomorrow - DH makes really great tacos and burritos and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

Last night, we watched the LA Kings Hockey Team beat St. Louis - one more win and they advance closer to a Stanley Cup win - it's fun to dream....

I have to build a squirrel monkee diarama this weekend with the 7 year old. She's going to be painfully aware of how un-artistic her mom is!

Haylen

Debsbears responded:
Haylen have fun this week end - I had to laugh when you said you have to make a diarama - I did that with my daughter many years ago ours had to be on our neighorhood park. She took 3 place if I can find it maybe I can scan it into the computer and post it. I'll try.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
I would love to see that! It would probably be easier is she had not picked such an obscure animal.

I'm really not looking forward to going through high school again!

H

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:

this is the best I can do, we did artifical grass, stairs up to the park, fenching around the park, mini swing set, very little waiting pool. Everything is a little hard to see. But it turned out good.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

laura2gemini2 responded:
I remember in grade school making a "gold rush" diarama out of a shoe box. I had a guy with a pick axe and made his arm go up and down, and painted some rocks gold. Wow, I havent thought of that thing for years.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
That's great Deb! I love that you kept this...

Laura, my mom passed away last year and she was a saver - I've come across so many school projects that brought back fond memories.

I need to remember that my daughter is excited about these projects and learning and not be negative!

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
For Christmas we got Lady Antebellum concert tickets and the date has finally arrived - tomorrow night! We will do a little shopping and then have dinner before the concert. For you country music lovers, Darius Rucker and Thompson Square will preceed Lady A. It's going to be a great night!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Phototaker123 responded:
Hi Haylen,
I "think" it's going to be a quiet weekend for me, but you never know. I just got invited for coffee with friends and lunch with two of them. I went salsa dancing last night and had a great time. It's been a month, and it was time to try out my shoulders and back again. No problems, today! Hooray, and that's after a week of UJam dancing at the gym, too. I just sit out these two routines that have a lot of overhead arm motions in them.
I used to do the dioramas, too, as a teacher. They wrote their animal reports in the classroom, quite a job for 20 children in a 2nd grade, some who could hardly write, but we did one thing a day on their animal. I collect shoeboxes, and gave each child one box. I made sure they had an easy enough book to read from the library with great pictures. Most years they just drew their animals in class, and surprised their parents with this at Open House. I liked having "new" things out for the parents to see. It was a lot of WORK! The only other thing we did at home was make a doll of the country they chose in 3rd grade. You wouldn't believe the range of dolls that came into the classroom. I appreciated each one, and could see the children who had no help. I also asked material scraps from the people who sewed, and sent those home with the children, with other supplies. I hated seeing parents have to buy anything. They came out really cute!
Look at it as a way to spend some quality time with your child. Give them ideas, and let them do the work. It doesn't have to look perfect. My children said they enjoyed working with their parents on this.

DavidHueben responded:
I am going to make a couple of homemade baked burritos using soft flour tortillas, taco meat, queso fresco, and pico de gallo.

Also, some bean dip with blue corn chips that are nuked for 90 seconds.

Felix Cinco de Mayo.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.