Skip to content
email from beyond the grave ot
dustnbones99 posted:
Years ago i met a woman on this board and we became close friends. We emailed each other every day and then one day i sent her one and didn't get a response. A week later i learned that she had died . I miss her very much and think of her often. Today i was shocked to see a message from her account in my inbox. I deleted it but i'm a little upset. Who could be using her old email?

davedsel57 responded:
Hackers, spammers and scammers are very experienced in getting into people's e-mails and sending messages from those accounts.

You were right to delete the e-mail, and you should mark it as spam. If you get another one, you can contact your e-mail software provider (i.e. Yahoo.com) and report the incident.

I've had it happen to me a few years ago. Someone used one of my e-mail addresses to send spam. Then they would delete everything out of the 'sent' folder to wipe out the evidence. I contacted Yahoo and changed all my passwords. I daily check my 'sent' folder to make sure it is not empty.

It is a horrible thing but one of the dangers of the internet we all need to be aware of and protect ourselves against.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Anon_74671 responded:
do you use yahoo email? apparently they had some glitch and resent a bunch of old messages. I found some in mine from 2010

dustnbones99 replied to Anon_74671's response:
Thanks. I do use yahoo. I will change my password, as Dave suggested, just to be safe.

jasbe responded:
By any chance are you talking about Gabby? I know she is very sick. Have not talked to her in sometime.

dustnbones99 replied to jasbe's response:
No, not Gabby although I do remember her.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.