Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eye Doctors Visit
dianer01 posted:
I am pleased to say I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist today. He is a big user of technology but also uses traditional methods in his practice. I have been very happy with his services as he has seems to marry technology with the art of a traditional exam.He says my eye health is excellent and I have no signs of retinopothy or any other eye disease.

I have worn mono vision contacts for about 5 years and he did try a new type of lens which is a hybrid of a hard and soft lens for astigmatism. Unfortunately my prescription is out of the range which these hybrid lenses can correct. Back to the trusty toric lenses and maybe next year technology will have caught up with my eyes.
accelerate out of the corners

davedsel57 responded:
Great report, Di.

It is amazing how technology is now used in all areas of medicine. When I had my cataract surgery in the fall, I was impressed with how efficient and quick the doctor was able to perform the surgery. And the results are spectacular. After 46 years of wearing very thick-lenses in my glasses, I only need glasses for reading and close work. Distance vision is 20/20 with the implanted inter-occular lenses. I just have to remember to bring my reading glasses everywhere I go.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

nwsmom replied to davedsel57's response:
Excellent! Wish my grandaughter could have the same good luck...she is not a candidate for implanted lens as she has keratoconus (a condition in which the cornea malforms). She can wear glasses or, preferably, gas permeable contact lens. If it gets bad enough (and it may, as the condition is progressive), she could have a cornea transplant. Poor kid!

Nancy

mhall6252 responded:
Diane - that's great news about your excellent eye health!

I also wear monovision toric contacts...Night'n Day from Bausch and Lomb. Can you tell me the brand of the hybrid lenses? I have to find a new eye doctor because we moved from MO to NH. I am guessing I might have a hard time finding a doctor who fits the Night'n Days, and I would like to have an alternative. My prescription isn't that strong so they might work for me.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.