Skip to content
Sunglasses - new recommendations
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you wear sunglasses? Do you use them every time you are in the sun?

Our sunglass habits could use improvement, according to a new report issued today by The Vision Council, an industry group.

Click the link to read the details: More People -- Even Kids -- Need to Wear Sunglasses

Haylen

davedsel57 responded:
Yes, I wear sunglasses while driving or riding in a car. I never used to until my cataract surgery in the fall. Seems my eyes are a bit more sensitive to light now, but that is OK.

My eye glasses were the transitions or photo gray for years - turned dark in sunlight. I like those very much and our eldest son's glasses are like that now.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Debsbears responded:
Good to know - my children always wore sunglasses I never liked wearing them. Now because of Lupus I do not stay in the sun - I go in it maybe all of 10 mins. before I start breaking out in my rash.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
My 7 year old has glasses...I'm going to look into the transition lens for her - especially this summer since she will be outside so much (but no help in the pool!)

I have to have my sunglasses on - I've pulled a u-turn in my neighborhood many times to go back home and get mine!

H

laura2gemini2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My glasses (when I wear them) are transitions. When I wear my contacts I have sunglasses I wear when I drive. If I know I'm gonna be outside for a long time I'll bring my sunglasses along too.

With swimming I had a set of tinted goggles because the glare from the top of the water made my eyes hurt. They also helped when I had iritis flare-ups growing up.

nwsmom replied to laura2gemini2's response:
When I had transitions, I wasn't happy with them. They never seemed to get dark enough outside, and inside, in brightly lighted rooms, they got too dark! So I settle for regular lenses, and sunglasses that fit over them. (I wear sunglasses when it's bright outside, and when I drive.)

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.