Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
diabetes related
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, how is everyone doing?the past five years since I turned 30, my chest hurts when I run or ride my bike, I'm going for procedure the stress tests and x-ray on my heart. The doctor don't think it's serious but he wants to find out what's causing these chest pains. The AKG showed it was good 35, that's how much my heart beats a minute. just want to let you know I know some of you care, that's all say
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Debsbears responded:
DEN/ DENIAL just so you are clear and understand - I am NOT the only one concerned for you - we all are. There was another post where a few of us asked how you were. Please tell us how you diabetes is.

You just wrote a new post stating diabetes related but you did not talk about it. I am sorry you are having heart issues I hope your Dr. let's you know what is going on.

If I am reading this right EKG says your heart rate is 35, that is a little slow but much better than mine. Are you testing your sugars in the morning before eating? How about 2 hours after eating?
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Denial741974 replied to Debsbears's response:
I do check twice a day in morning before breafast 111- 150 average this week and night 155- 230 not to bed right but notice latley drink lot water & pee lot. I know only care like photo and other but some people can not deal with dease

Debsbears replied to Denial741974's response:
Den thanks for replying to my post - I will say this nicely but firmly and to the point - YOU are diabetic - YOU need to be on medicines for diabetes.

Anything over 100 before eating is too high especially if it is as high as 150. 2 over 126 at any time is diabetic.

2 hrs after eating it should be between 140 to 160, yours are way too high.

Are you getting the diabetic "meals on wheels" like I suggested? They will help. But clearly you must be in denial if you do not want to take medicines for Diabetes. You have never told us what your numbers were so thank you for that - but please call your Dr. and get this taken care of your numbers are too high. Deb

Deb thank you for the caring, I didn't know that was hi the funny thing I have no symptoms with the diabetes, but today when I was at the doctors office taken at the Echo stress I was so embarrassed when I take my shirt off I'm so fat my belly was hanging down like I was pregnant. I know I have to loses this weight play all dc game helping for spend 21/2 hours a day I know do somthing but it's enough in day plau really hot exersise in heat, but drink lot water latley. my case work so worried health

Denial741974 replied to Denial741974's response:
and Deb get meals on weals dibetic

Den I hope the test went well - but you need to call your Dr. and get help bringing down your numbers - even with the "Meals on Wheels" you can eat too many carbs. In my state our "Meals on Wheels" have enough food for a meal and a half. It is too much for one sitting.

How often do you get them? What else are you eating besides them? Something is not right with your numbers. Many it is all the other medicines you take for your other issues - doesn't matter - what matters is you need to get your numbers down. Call your doctor and get some diabetes medicines. Get help Den no one here can help you - you need to keep taking those tiny steps but start with your Dr please.

I will talk to my doctor's, left, so my medical doctor I got bloodwork that day but the results incoming yet, the notice and I was embarrassed I got lot much larger and heavier, my stomach hangs very low and am embarrassed take my shirt off, you know Deb you really care about me how about you how are you feeling?I'm glad someone cares about me my mom don't talk to me anymore my friends on team speak are frustrated with me because of my lying make up stories my mental illness and its course. Quit my job my car got totaled lost mom it been a really hard here for me this year 20012 and I'm sad, so Deb how do you keep your numbers under control and what kind of food you eat?I notice with me at that time I still pick out like Honey nut Cheerios life cereal and some time I'm up at two in the more needing lots of food and another guy notice I have rappers and Cheerios in my bed is that funny. Sometime I eat when I'm very bored and sometime when I'm happy a lot to and when I'm very sad in the dumps,
so Deb what's new with you I heard would your birthday happy birthday another year, you sound like a great person deb you never gave up on me, I notice everyone on the web M.D. gave up on me but it's there lost. At least I have a new friend.

davedsel57 replied to Denial741974's response:
Den,

Posting things like "I notice everyone on the web M.D. gave up on me but it's there lost. At least I have a new friend" will not get you any further support. That will actually cause even fewer people to reply to your posts.

Many of us still do care about you and I am one of them. It is sometimes best to support in silence rather than getting frustrating or saying something offensive.

I pray you can learn what you need to get your health issues - both mental and physical - in control.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Phototaker123 replied to Denial741974's response:
I agree with Dave, Den! So many times I've been supportive, but I have nothing new to say. In fact, I'm dealing with my own "eating" issues. I'm not asking for help, as I know what to do to get myself back on track. You need to help yourself, too. You know what to do.

Today is a new start for me. I see a 95 bs number. It's working. Keeping your diabetes in control is work. There are foods that I'd like to be eating right now. Those foods send my bs numbers soaring high. The choice is yours...mine, and everyone else on here. No one of us is perfect. Each deals with their own issues. You need to deal with yours, too.

cookiedog replied to Denial741974's response:
What exactly do you mean by everyone onWeb MD have up on you? This is a support and information board for diabetics. Many of us to do not feel we have to give up or not give up on each other.

Are you sticking with the diet provided in your Meals on Wheels meals? You should only have to make food choices for breakfast and a couple of small snacks a day.

Den now I am bothered - I have said this time and time again and I will do it again - I am NOT the only one that cares about your health we all are.

I am not the only friend you have - others are too. You are back to your old tricks and talking about everything we already know. No one has given up on you - you gave up on everyone who doesn't say the things you want to hear.

For the record - I am not only concerned about you but all the other diabetics on this board - I do not single you out.

DavidHueben replied to Debsbears's response:
Deb:

You should feel bothered. Den has "adopted" you as his only "friend". He confuses virtual friends with real face to face friends.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Denial741974 replied to Phototaker123's response:
I know everyone cares about me, but I don't know which way I'm going ever since my car accident I have given up on everything. My caseworker is coming today and he's really trying for me to do something volunteer or work but I don't want to do either. I just want to say that home go to my group therapy that's all. I know quitting my job was the wrong thing because my self-esteem is lower than anything I know all you care and I'm grateful for that. Sometime I wish you all can pop out of the computer and give me a great hug, but I know it's not in reality, yes I did give up on myself. Truth is I'm slowly so it's a break for now and move on I know you all care and I'm grateful for that but there's a lot of things in my life that is missing and am very sad about that, I can't move on since my childhood shattered in my young adult shattered by my parents. And my mom my best friend don't talk to me

An_245101 replied to Denial741974's response:
Den enough already about the car accident, the job, your other mother won't call. You need to stop living in the past and live in the now - today.

One post you say everyone quit on you - you only have one friend "teddybear" or "Deb" same person just a user ID name change. Now you post to photo saying you quit on everyone. I am having a very hard time following you so I quit you.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

normal reading
My Dr. said I have diabetes my a1c level is 6.5 and wants me to take Metformin 500mg. I took my bs test and it was 103 after I ate. I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.