Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
almost taken out and learned a lesson from it
cnadygirl53 posted:
So Tuesday I'm at my client's home feeling like someone was stabbing me in my lower back with swords and knives, when I was gripped with pain and shortness of breath like crazy. My client calls emt and rushed me to the hospital. I had a fever of a 105, pain in lower back and vomiting, and shortness of breath. After being admitted my Dr. told me I had pylonephritis and cystitis aka kidney and bladder infections. He said I had a uti that went to my kidneys and into my blood stream he also did a a1c my nurse told me I had a 7%. She said by me being a diabetic my infection was worser and the sypmtoms too which is why they had to treat it aggressively bc it had gone into my blood. For years I have been told by my Dr. I was border line and I don't think he ever performed an a1c test if he did he miss read the results. Now i'm on a strict diet restriction, and by me having asthma limit physical restrictions. The whole thing was awful and I hope this never happens to me or anyone. In the near future I will be more weary of pain and symptoms and go to the dr instead of waiting a month like I did before.

Phototaker123 responded:
So sorry you're going through this, but glad that you're taking better care of yourself in the future!

hootyowl2 responded:
Glad you are feeling better and will be taking better care of yourself. UTIs and kidney stones can be very frightening... and a systemic infection is no fun either.

Hooty

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow! A frightening lesson to learn!

I'm so glad you have a new resolve to pay attention to your health!

Haylen

cnadygirl53 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, your health is something you shouldn't take lightly. Since my being home I have had so much support from my family, plus I am stubborn when it comes to going to seek medical treatment when I am sick. Maybe this incident is God's way of slowing me down.

cnadygirl53 replied to hootyowl2's response:
Thank you, being couped up in the hospital gripped with pain is no picnic either, but next time I will heed your advice and take more care to prevent serious problems.

cnadygirl53 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Thank you, I am taking more steps in taking better care of myself.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peanut butter and ways to cut carbs
eat p'nut butter on celery sticks, real, fresh carrot sticks, fresh zucchini sticks. Eat tuna, and other proteins wrapped in Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 14 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.