Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
altering foods
DianaRollo28 posted:
What foods may increase and/or decrease a glucose level?

mhall6252 responded:
That's a pretty wide open question. Simplistically, proteins and fats are less likely to raise glucose, while carbs including starchy veggies, grains and fruits are more likely to raise glucose. Whole grains are better than processed stuff. And non-starchy veggies like peppers, celery, cukes, salad stuff are better than corn, peas, and potatoes.

You can use something like www.calorieking.com to check the nutritional value of foods.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

hootyowl2 responded:
That depends on you. Everyone is different. I cannot eat ramen noodles, since they send my sugars into orbit. Some people have a tough time with fruit, but I can eat fruits thankfully. I would be lost without them.

Generally, sweets like cakes and pies and refined sugars are big culprits. Some people say potatoes, but I eat them in moderation and do fine. Potatoes do have lots of vitamins and minerals and have been shown to help control high blood pressure. I also have high blood pressure, so I am not giving them up.

Hooty

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.