Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Type 2 diabetes
campolito posted:
I need help. My husband was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 on 2008, in less than a year he learned how to control it, so he didnt have to takes his pills anymore. Now after 4 years it looks like is coming back. I will like to know in what way he can low his blood sugar when is high. We appreciate any kind of help.

billybigrig4 responded:
I have had type II diabeties sinc 1997. I have learned that once you start treatment never stop. Even if your A1c's are lower now one still has to preform maintanice to control. My A1c's run around 5.9 now after having it rise to 9.7 due to a doctors neglagence. I changed doctors and it took two years to get it down then my doctor left to take a position elseware and I was given a new doctor who reversed what my program and my A1c's were rising .4% each test. I have since changed to a new doctor who works with me and has me now on a sliding scale for insulin. I am now under control. My advice is to find a doctor who will work with you for treatment. We are stuck for life, but not stuck to live. billybigrig4

campolito replied to billybigrig4's response:
Thanks billybigrig4. The thing is, we dont have insurance and uunfortunely we are not working, (it's complicated) But, thanks for your reply.

mhall6252 replied to campolito's response:
If you can get hi to a doctor (perhaps one of the pharmacy clinics in CVS or Walgreen's), he can get a prescription for metformin. A three month supply costs just $10. That will probably go a long way towards reducing his glucose levels. Also, if he is overweight, lose the excess pounds and be sure to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (like walking). Nothing expensive required. Stick to lean proteins, fresh veggies and fruits, and limit grains to small portions of whole grains. This plan will go a long way towards lowering glucose levels.

Check out Dr. Dansinger's tips and resources on the right side of this page. You'll see his picture and the links are right below.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

campolito replied to mhall6252's response:
Thank you so much michelle. I'll let you know how is it going.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.