Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood sugar counts with severe back pain.
baley28 posted:
It seems my blood sugar counts are higher some mornings. I have severe back pain and is pretty bad first thing in the morning.

Could the pain affect my blood sugar counts?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

A simple answer would be 'yes'. Looking at this deeper, you would need to evaluate how you are managing your Diabetes. Are you eating a healthy diet? Are you exercising (and you can find ways to exercise despite chronic pain)? Are you on medication? You would probably benefit by discussing all this with your doctor.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

hootyowl2 responded:
Pain and stress definitely affect one's blood sugars, and can raise them. You may wish to discuss this with your doctor. Do you know why you have the back pain ? An old injury or kidney problems ? Arthritis ? other...

Hooty

geni55 responded:
I have never discussed this with my doctor, but I have noticed that my knee hurts if I eat candy or other direct sugar. (I have bad osteoarthritis and Restless Leg Syndrome). It does seem that raised sugar kicks off my RLS, so I'd have to say very possible

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.