Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetic Diet Plan
An_246327 posted:
Where could I get a diabetic diet plan?

mhall6252 responded:
The best way to get a plan is to ask your doctor for a referral to a dietitian and a certified diabetic educator.

Or you can do like many of us do...avoid the processed white stuff (sugar, flour, pasta, white bread), avoid potatoes and other starchy fruits and veggies, stick to lean meats, lots of veggies and non-starchy fruits, and a few whole grains.

You can also look for some helpful information under Dr. Dansinger's picture. There are links to lots of good stuff to help you get your diabetes under control.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

hootyowl2 responded:
http://www.diabetes.org/ Here is another place to start. Be careful in your search, there are quacks with bad diet info all over the place out there.

Hooty

mrscora01 responded:
Eat to your meter. Eat a know amount of carb, and see how your blood sugar does 2 hours after. If it is high, either cut out that food or significantly adjust the portion size. Everyone is different and what will work for you may not work for someone else, and vice versa.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.