Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Submit your ?s for Dr. Bruni Nazario
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Dear Members,

Next week, our WebMD staff endocrinologist, Dr. Brunilda Nazario , is going to do a presentation at the WebMD Atlanta office teaching staffers who may not know much about diabetes a little about it. Here are some of the topics:

Facts on Prediabetes
Facts on Type 2 Diabetes
Information on how insulin & other medications work
Weight loss surgery and Diabetes

WebMD staffers have been encouraged to submit questions for Dr. Bruni to answer. We thought it might be a great idea to find out what our experts on diabetes (yep, that's you!) thought would be questions newbies might need answered.

What questions would you submit if you didn't know anything about diabetes? What would best shed light on this condition for others?

After the presentation, we'll come back to the board and let you know which questions were chosen.

Can't wait to hear what you all would ask!

Haylen

mrscora01 responded:
I think that since staffers are being trained, type 1 should at least be mentioned (even just the fundamental difference between the 2). It's soooooo annoying the number of folks (who often should know better) who haven't a clue.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mrscora01's response:
Good point Cora - thanks!

betatoo responded:
I don't see anything in the way life style changes to battle the disease as an alternative to medication for T2. Specifically diet and exercise that includes low starch diets, weight bearing and cardiovascular exercise to lose weight and gain muscle mass. All of this so important to the general population as it ages since it has been shown to reverse the loss of bone and muscle mass, and help in the control of glucose and cholesterol issues.

Debsbears responded:
Here is a question for the Dr both an endocrine and diabetes question.

I had both blood and urine tests done for my endocrine system here are the results: I would like to know how does this play out with my diabetes being in remission?

BLOOD---
Epinephrine: Laying 19, Standing 17

Norepinephrine: Laying 354, standing 719

Dopamine: Laying 13, standing 11

Urine---
N-Methylhistamine 65
Metanephrine 72
Norepinephrine 213

I was told that the test was normal so I am wondering how this test affects diabetes and the hormones that run the adrenal glands. Thanks for your help, Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

hootyowl2 responded:
I read an article about some research in rats that shows T1 can be cured with antibodies ? Any news on that ?

She used to be here on WebMD as the resident doctor.

Hooty

channya responded:
how do you gain weight after losing it due to having type2 diabetes

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to channya's response:
Thanks for the questions - last day to submit before I pass along to Dr. Nazario!

Haylen

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen just wondering if anyone was able to get their questions answered.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.