Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
still Working on my mental recovery plan
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, if you can please try to comment. The last couple of posts no one respond, I'm looking for friends support in my diabetes and mental health, so please don't be afraid the comment on me, I've been trying very hard in the group to comment on other people post if you notice, I'm trying really hard in my recovery, been having good conversation with mom, collected. Overall group I'm trying hard. My eating habits are about the same I still didn't change on that habit. I still eat a lot of junk food but lately for the past week I've been getting good numbers but yesterday this morning my fasting was 137 quite hi for me. But the past month was good having been eating anything at night. People tell me I should have a snack before bed it's something with the keys in my body that goes to the cells why my hi in the morning, you all know group I'm trying very hard but my mental illness are eating habits are bad, did you know group and I read something on the mental health unit people has mental illness 98% of the time we are over weight did you know that< it's because the dollar medication we take to control our mental illness, I know I gained weight the past 30 years of my life, I'm not a skinny person anymore but I do try to stay slim but I'm not, I'm much overweight for my height I'm 5' 1' then 52 I'm shrinking but getting fatter if that makes since but anyway group I hope everyone's doing good I miss the comments on other people I think the old members not here anymore because they never comment on my page anymore just wondering why, this time I can beat my disease I know I can I'm working very hard in my recovery at least trying hard to be a good person not a selfish person. Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

hootyowl2 responded:
Hi Denial. Glad you are doing better and trying hard. Sometimes things get frustrating for all of us. Usually my numbers are pretty good too. I will be getting a checkup later this month. Wish I could lose the extra weight. I sure don't want it or need it. I used to be slender until about 6 years ago. Some of the meds I had to take made me gain a lot of excess weight, GRRRRR. I am no longer on those meds, and refuse to take them. So far, I am not shrinking, but my mom has shrunk a few inches. Take care and see you around here sometimes.

Hooty

Denial741974 replied to hootyowl2's response:
hooty-I know what you mean about weight, it's much harder we get older I know, I'm 37 when I was in my 20s I can walk less than a mile and I lost the weight, now these days at my age I'm gaining it's harder to lose. I talked to mom yesterday she told me you can lose weight if you want to, she says that because she's very thin person, but when someone is overweight it's much harder. I'm 145 and can't lose it. The funny thing hoodie early stage of my diabetes in 2008 I could lose a very fast figure that out now I can even lose any, even how much exercise how much I do but write my mountain bike. And I know when I get older it's really much harder. I can't eat healthier but I try at times. Good luck on the checkup for you results thanks for being my friend a lot of people give up on me on the board, but at least some trying in a way
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.