Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
keep working hard in your health and diabetes and mental illness
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, I want to let you all know that I care about every one of you. I would think my old members that they never gave up on me, maybe a few gave up on me but in reality, a lot of you were getting tired of all my BS, I realized that now I was a handful then, but I want to let you all know I'm working very hard in my mental health recovery, I know a lot of you don't comment anymore, yes it's frustrating but I know if you guys had something to say you would say, yes in the past I thought everyone was criticizing me it really felt that way, but deep down you all were really trying to keep me focused about my diabetes and my health. Since I've been going to all my programs I realize that fighting with everyone is not answer, I'm learning to behave and be good as a good citizen, yes I have mental illness but I know you all still care. I just want to let you know that I'm here for you if you need to chat and take things off your mind. I'm working on listening mom and I for the past three weeks been having very good conversation. Yes you always be a mom and there are time to push my buttons but am learning to accept the things about her and try listen to her more and understand her feelings what she says in words, the last couple of phone call she said am very proud of you, she usually doesn't do that my mom but she proud, we don't talk every day anymore we may talk may be once a week at least, I'm learning to control myself even how compulsive I'm am all her. You all be proud this week I give her one phone call and that's all but she haven't called me back yet, one thing I know she's not mad, she could be not feeling good or she's very busy with her aid. I'm taking things more rational these days in staying, collected yes I want to talk to my mom so bad but am learning to be patient and wait to she called me. I keep myself busy during the week play my PC games DC universe online play now a lot of fun Eric hundred get up session over mom but am learning to harness it. And use all my support team my peers, my friends you know group I still get anxiety over it when I don't hear mom but am learning and working hard these days so far knocking on wood, I'll keep on doing good in my recovery I'm even even better yes I gained a lot of weight I'm I'm very heavy now that in my early stage of diabetes in 2008 can't seem to bring my weight down seems like every doctor visit the it goes up and up that's part of my age, I just have to accept me for me that's all I can say group you all take care big hugs to you all. Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

Phototaker123 responded:
Den, don't be concerned whether someone answers you or not.
Just concentrate on what you need to do.

For me, I have to work on "my" diabetes and other things right now. I'm not on here much anymore. I might come back at one point. I feel unless I have "my" act together, I can't advise others.
Things are going well now.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 140 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.