Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Muster - July 30th
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
If you watched the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics from London, what did you think? Many of my friends thought it was strange and boring. I disagree - loved it! The part with James Bond and the Queen was awesome.

We went to the beach - it was 70 degrees there, 98 at my house. If I only had a few extra million dollars, I'd be living in Malibu. Does anyone have an extra million or two they aren't using?

How was your weekend and what's up for this week?

Haylen

NWSmom4g responded:
Yes, I watched...and much of the time wondered why I didn't just go to bed. The "Royal Arrival" was great; Mr Bean was his usual hysterical self; and Sir Paul gave an excellent performance. But most of the rest of it was pretty dull...lots going on, but who knew what it meant?

I'm afraid we got spoiled four years ago, by the opening ceremonies at Beijing!

Nancy

Debsbears replied to NWSmom4g's response:
I'm with Nancy on this one - with one exception I didn't stay up long enough to watch Sir Paul.

Wish I had a few millions for you - if I did I'd gladly share.

My weekend was quiet - weather here will be in the 80's all week.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

hootyowl2 responded:
I do do sports, & think they are totally inane and boring... "I can jump higher than you can" ... big deal, kid stuff. Back in the 90s, at one olympic ceremony that I just happened to catch by accident, they were chanting about a "one world government and new world order" blah blah blah... I don't agree with their agenda either. It was in some oriental country, forgot which, might have been South Korea maybe?

It is 95' here, and about noon. Yuk. It is supposed to get up in the 100s here.

A friend sent me a link to a You Tube video about driving in the snow. That was funny, sort of. Most people do not know how to drive in the snow, but it sure looked refreshing and lovely to me. At least it is only 53 days until Autumn begins and the weather starts to improve. Maybe we will get a good hurricane and lots of rain to break this horrid drought. [ok, we don't need the damages, but we could REALLY use that much rain up here in MO.>

Hooty

mhall6252 responded:
I've been watching too much TV - Olympics, of course. Fortunately, I don't have too much on my agenda this week. The grandkids are coming tomorrow for the afternoon, so that will be exciting. I bought a new bike and I've been on two 6 mile bike rides with hubby. I immediately ordered a new seat - who decided that those skinny seats are a good idea for most people? I've got bruises already on my inner thigh...lol., and I'm a petite person. New wider seat will be here tomorrow.

Really nice weather here this week - high in the low 80s and low in the low 60s. Gotta love it!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.