Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I was interviewed today!
mhall6252 posted:
This is really neat! I received an email on Wednesday from a science editor for Diabetes Forecast, which is the monthy publication for the American Diabetes Association. She had found me and my breast cancer blog through a Google search and she wanted to know if I would be willing to talk to her about managing my diabetes while undergoing treatment for cancer. Of course I said yes and gave her my phone number. She called me this afternoon and we talked for 50 minutes about everything from the time I was first diagnosed with diabetes and then I took her through all my treatments. She was particularly interested in how I managed my glucose levels throughout treatment.

The article will be published in the October edition of the magazine, and she'll send me a hard copy plus a link to the online version.

Woohoo...I'm going to be famous...lol!!!

Actually, her email made me look at the statistics on my blog. It has been viewed more than 27,000 times by people from ten different countries. How cool is that? You just never know who might be helped!

And did you know that having diabetes raises your risk for many types of cancer? Here's the link to the WebMD article that discusses this issue:

http://diabetes.webmd.com/news/20100616/why-does-diabetes-increase-cancer-risk

Bottom line - don't skip any cancer screenings!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Debsbears responded:
That is awesome Michelle, you deserve this recognition I look forward to reading the online interview. BTW I love the new hairstyle you look great.

Thanks for being my inspiration. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

mhall6252 replied to Debsbears's response:
Thanks, Deb. I must give props to my big round hair brush for that hairstyle - it tames the chemo curl quite a bit!

Hope you are doing OK and continuing to get some answers.

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Awesome! Please publish the link.

Your blog is amazing - congrats!

Happy weekend everyone -

Haylen

p.s. Michelle, I have a mammogram scheduled for August 7th!

mhall6252 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen - thanks! And wishing you an "all clear" with that mammo!
I'll definitely publish the link when I get it.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001

NWSmom4g replied to mhall6252's response:
I'll be watching for my October issue of Diabetes Forecast!

Nancy

Phototaker123 responded:
I'll be looking forward to seeing the link, too, Michelle!!
Congratulations again. I can't believe it has been view 27,000 times! Wow!

Anon_130687 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Those numbers are very impressive for a blog. Will they take photos of you for the magazine?

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

food that helps dibeties
Try raw vegetable. Blend raw veggies that are complex carbs. Complex take a long time to be converted into glocose. They are filling and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.