Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
To Pepe51 - new post
flutetooter posted:
Pepe51, You added to an old post on Ideal Blood Sugar three weeks ago. You asked if 42 -70 indicated "diabetic unawareness". I'm not sure is that is the exact term, but I think you are referring to hypoglycemic unawareness which is when your blood sugar drops well below 70 and you are not aware of the symptoms and don't treat the low by taking glucose to raise it. In any case, if your blood sugar drops to 42 and you do not know that it is necessary to treat a number that low, I would say that you may be unaware of MANY of the problems of diabetes. Please read more of the posts and expert information on this site.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.