I notice I don't get help anymore on my diabetes
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, how is everyone? I'll promise I won't share anything personal, but I don't know what to share. I have nothing particular but see how you guys doing? I'm doing better my mental health,exersiseing eating better.that all say. take care all. Den
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Anon_999 responded:
Here's the reasons why.

You don't talk about your diabetes. You talk about other things.

You tell us what you eat, you ask us if that is okay, we say you should not be eating that you get upset.

We have made 100's of suggestions - you tell us you don't understand why we get upset with you. You really don't like what we say or it is something you don't want to hear.

You also tell us you don't like reading our comments because we hurt your feelings.

Bottom line is you know what you should and should not be eating to keep your diabetes in control - but you eat what you want and expect us to help. We can't - you need to go to your Dr. and dietitian for the proper food plan that fits your needs.

We gladly help those who truly want help.

Denial741974 replied to Anon_999's response:
thanks for your comment

DavidHueben replied to Denial741974's response:
Den:

If you ask a diabetes question, I will answer it. I can't help you with mental health issues or problems with "Mom". What kind of diabetes support are you looking for?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Denial741974 replied to DavidHueben's response:
you're right David, I don't know what to look for, I think the main reason I was looking for a mom figure or father figure, so to take care of me when I got older, I know all the answers about diabetes I know it will get worse. I just and want to be alone that's all I could say David since I don't have mother nearby or father figure in my life since my father passed away. I'm totally lost in my life

DavidHueben replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, both my parents died when I was in my early 40's (not much older than you are).

The simple truth is you are going to have to take care of yourself.

I am legally blind and live alone. Who do you think takes care of me? Answer: ME.

DMH
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Phototaker123 replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, there's no one that takes care of me, either. I went through years of therapy to learn to take care of myself, and not depend on others. Yes, we all know you have a learning disability and mental problems, but I have know some people your age who have both, and are functioning well. The medicine they take for mental illness helps them, but they also take responsibility to help themselves.

There are group homes you could live in where you have a counselor, but they evidently think you can do this on your own. The more you're pampered, the more dependent you'll be and not do things on your own. The more you'll play computer games and not eat right. Unless you find a caretaker type woman, they won't take care of you, either, so the sooner you look at reality, the better you'll be, Den. Not one person on here feels sorry for you at all. You would not want that. You have to be the one to change. You have made some good changes, but you keep looking for someone "else" to make you better. The thing is this, Den, you need to make "yourself" better. Once you do that, people will want to spend more time with you. You won't blame David or any of the rest of the posters here on why you're not getting better. The key is look inside of you, and build up strength there.

Debsbears replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, both my parents are dead - my mom at the age of 50. You are not the only one without parents or siblings.

David is legally blind and on his own yet he keeps going without parents.

There are many on here without parents, sisters, brothers or even children. I live alone yet with all my medical problems I am doing okay. I am taking care of myself.

Your post is a little troubling to me, you say "you know all the answers about diabetes, you know it will get worse". It doesn't have to get worse if you work at it now. You can get it in control if you want to. You seem to make excuses for everything.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

DavidHueben responded:
Den:

I am also troubled by your comment that you "know all the answers about diabetes".

First, the title of your post was "I don't get help with diabetes anymore". If you have all the answers, why would you need help from other people.

Second, you do not have all the answers about diabetes. No one does. Not any of the posters, not Dr. Dansinger, not Laurie Anderson, not anyone. And even if you did have all the answers, you sure don't apply the knowledge.

I think what you are looking for on this board are people you can call "friends". People that respond to you are not "real friends". They are people in cyberspace trying to give advice about diabetes. You need to develop some real life friends.

DMH

- Winston S. Churchill

dustnbones99 responded:
You lost my support when you lied about having cancer. i lost my real mother to real cancer so i don't have a lot of sympathy for you and your stories.

hootyowl2 responded:
Part of the "learning experience" is learning to take responsibility for and care of oneself. Learn to be independant Den, "it is a good thing" as Martha Stewart says. Being independant is fun, really, and will boost your self esteem. You CAN do it, just have at it.

I take care myself, always have. I have been on my own since age 16, and earned my own keep.

I have one grown son here at home for awhile, but he will eventually move back out. While he is here he is helping with heavy jobs that I can't do; but I am also helping him out with a place to stay and whatnot temporarily. When he moves back out, I will be alone again, naturally. [pun intended> ... That is just how things are.

My aunt died on her 92d bday at home in her own bed, and that is how she wanted it. A few years before that, she had a fall and fractured her pelvis. Her hearing aids were at home, not in the hospital. Plus they had her over medicated, and her doctor tried to tell us she had 'advanced Alzheimer's', which was a lie. When she got her hearing aids in --he never knew she was stone deaf-- and her meds adjusted, she fired her doctor and gave him what for royally! She also lambasted, the nurses, my brother, our cousin, and anyone else who came around. She arranged for her handyman to put a bathroom on her first floor, had my brother and cousin move the dining room things upstairs and her bedroom things downstairs, she learned how to transfer herself from the bed to wheelchair and back again, she arranged for her own in home health aide, etc. The nurses wrote on her chart in big red letters: FIERCELY INDEPENDANT. She refused nursing home care for any reason. She had a clear mind until she died.

Learn to be independant and do for yourself, and finding some local friends would be nice too. I am not here all the time, but I can be a cyber friend.

Hooty

Denial741974 replied to dustnbones99's response:
Dusty bone, I don't blame you for not supporting me, the only thing I could say that day I was off my medication, and I'm truly sorry for my action, I don't no reason why said thatt that day I was hearing voices and that's the truth. I know it's good take time for you to forgive me, but since that day I've been working really hard in my recovery learning a lot of things, how to be more sensible to peoples feeling especially my mom that I hurt so much. I told my psychiatrist what happened and my therapists about it. I know since that day I don't have the support that I once had on the web M.D.. I hope someday you can forgive me. I'm truly sorry I've been taking my medication every day as described and working really hard in my mental health I mean that. Maybe you should do some research on schizoaffective, OCD and anxiety and depression, but I know it was still no reason to lie I wish I could take it back but I can't what's done in the past the past is gone. I'm really truly sorry about your mother my grandmother died of cancer but I don't blame you if you don't believe me. I just can get your support someday I know ever since my car accident I have hurt so many people my life and the truth is I'm trying to change I'm really working hard. some day you will forgive me but you have to understand my mental illness is severe at times it's not me. We learned about the brain a quote normal person will learn more in one part, mental illness learned different part, and about diabetes I know as much as I should know reading remember all I'm just borderline.

Denial741974 replied to hootyowl2's response:
thank you hooty I read your whole post my best ability, my caseworker feels I'm too smart for group home, I can live on my own very well. I'm exercising eating better and getting thinner.

Denial741974 replied to DavidHueben's response:
I never knew that David that you were blind, I'm so sorry just wondering is a from the diabetes. I guess I don't know much about diabetes at all, makes me think that I have to do well

Denial741974 replied to Phototaker123's response:
thank you photo, you are very kind post. How are you doing?I'll work harder and harder I'm still going to all my programs day programs my psychiatrists my therapists and learning a lot of good stuff to make me feel better person and making be a man. With great powers comes with great responsibility, thank you for teaching me that. Take care