Skip to content
Remember Gabby?
jasbe posted:
I just found out from her daughter that she passed on June 16th, 2012. Her health was rapidly descending along with her diabetes. We met a couple years ago. She and her husband came to visit for their vacation. She loved life. Her husband was her biggest supporter. I cannot help the tears. She was such a good friend. Her young life was taken by lung cancer. Please pray for her that she is at peace. Thank you.

mrscora01 responded:
Thanks for the post. I'm always saddened to hear when an online friend has passed.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Phototaker123 responded:
Yes, I remember Gabby really well. I'm so sorry to hear she has passed away. Her husband "was" very good to her. I'm sorry also that you lost this good friend, Jasbe.

Thank you for letting us know.

DavidHueben replied to Phototaker123's response:
Sorry to hear about Gabby (Karen). She and I used to exchange emails now and then.

She had a lot of medical issues.

Peace to her family in Pennsylvania.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

dustnbones99 responded:
I'm very sorry to hear this. I do remember her.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for sharing jasbe.

(((hugs))) to you and my thoughts are with her family today.

Haylen

hootyowl2 responded:
So sorry about Gabby. I will pray for her family to have comfort. I remember her.

Hooty

auriga1 responded:
Jasbe, thank you for letting us all know about Gabby. She was a regular contributor who couldn't have been nicer. Also, a big go-getter. :"What did you do for exercise today?" was a common refrain. Always trying to keep us motivated to do what is best for us.

I'm glad she is at peace finally.

jasbe replied to auriga1's response:
Thank you everyone. I will pass on all your thoughts and prayers to her family.

mhall6252 responded:
This is such sad news. I've often thought about her after she posted that she was really struggling with chemo.

Tears for her family and friends.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

DavidHueben responded:
Here is Gabby's obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tnonline/obituary.aspx?pid=158107139#fbLoggedOut
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

dustnbones99 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Thank you David. Now i remember her talking about her daughter. I think she even posted here once when her mom was in the hospital. Gabby was very kind to me when my mom was first diagnosed with lung cancer. I really appreciated her kindness and will not forget her. Her family members are in my thoughts.

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.