Skip to content
OT Need some help
Denial741974 posted:
hello group, I know I can keep saying sorry to everyone on the web M.D., I'm off talk message not about diabetes, I know some of you don't like me. But I wish we could be civil. I know in the past of the web M.D. since I joined I've been very hard to deal with. I know that, I lost my mom in support me how she did because of my behavior that I gave her, she only called me once in a while now, she does most of the calling. I know deep down she loves me but she can deal with the compulsion over calling and leaving hundred messages, that's my OCD, but the past month I've been really trying hard taking notes going to war my groups, my therapists coping skill group, I've been eating healthier wheels and meals come to my house. I'm trying very hard but truth is my mom doesn't see it's, she feels I'm the same person, I need your suggestion how I can make people around like me and love me especially my mom. I want to make proud ever since my car accident yes my mental illness took its course, and yes sometime but the struggle for me up to deal with my mental illness but am learning to harness its. Yes in the past I lie on the group and I was a terrible mistake. But that day I was \offl my medication. And that's the truth I just want to move on and patch things up. I'll make things perfect but I can't do this alone that's where I need the group for help. PS I don't want to make more enemies, for now on after this post I will always talk about diabetes and see how everyone is doing?please don't delete this post web M.D. do notice I put OT means off-topic. I didn't write so for now on I'll work much harder and harder to become that man you all want me to be and mom would be proud. So just give me a chance web M.D. I promise I won't steer you wrong, photo you mentioned about play my games, do you think it's not good to play games on the computer, yes my therapists feels like to get addicted but I tell not I haven't played three days so far. I think I'm a lot playing moderation. You all take care
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

Phototaker123 responded:
Den, the happiest I've seen you was when you were out riding your bike. It made you feel so good.

Keep this in my mind and say it over and over...and over.....until you believe it:
The way for me to feel loved is to love myself, first!

Take care.

Denial741974 replied to Phototaker123's response:
photo and others, I don't know how to be perfect, truth is I really love my mom but I hurt her so many times. I'm crying never knew I will so selfish until this past year since my car accident. A lot of my friends point that out to me, I just don't know where to begin photo well for starters I will not post as much and when I do post I'll talk about diabetes only. I'll work on it hard on make you all proud of me
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

DavidHueben responded:
Den:

Here are some suggestions (since you asked):

1. Quit apologizing over and over to everyone. It gets old.

2. Quit talking about your "Mom" on WebMD.. Work it out with her.

3. Take your mental illness issues over to the other WebMD board where you can maybe get some support. No one on the WebMD diabetes board can be much help.

4. Do not expect to make real friends here. You need to do that in "real life".

5. If you want support with your diabetes, then ask some questions about diabetes. You hardly ever do that.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Phototaker123 replied to Denial741974's response:
Why do you feel you have to be "perfect"?

Why do you need our approval?

Love yourself.

auriga1 replied to Denial741974's response:
Den, we are human. Not one single person is perfect. Ever! Just know that. We just try to be the best we can be. Compassion for others and respect for others goes a long way.

Den, do what you can for yourself. There is no need to worry about others or what they think. This is an on-line forum for diabetes. We try and help each other with our diabetes. We can be friendly and caring.

Keep taking your meds and talking with your therapists. This will help you relate to others. Take care of you and stop worrying what others may think. This is not that kind of place.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.