ROLL CALL! (and an art project photo)
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good morning everyone. Thought we could do a roll call to see who is around today.

Name: Haylen

Current Biggest Challenges:
Dinner. It's over 100 here and I do not feel like being in the kitchen.

Organization: It seems like every closet and every drawer is disorganized. I need a day to put everything in its place!

Best summer moment so far:
A visit from my dad who lives in Oklahoma. We got together with my brother and his kids on the beach.

Breakfast
Coffee so far - eyeballing wheat toast that my 4 year old is eating. (I usually just eat what is left over from the kids)

Below is a picture of what I found after I told my girls not to mix up the play doh colors. It's quite pretty but a few more kneads and it will turn into brown/grey

Haylen

Debsbears responded:
Name: Deb, Debbie, Debsbears

Finding new Drs. based on Mayo's findings. Also have to see a replacement Dr for my PCP. I had an appt. today but she is going in for emergency surgery this afternoon on her back - will be out of the office until Oct. 1 or later. I pray she will be okay.

Organization: is also on my list because I will be moving as soon as an appt. comes available in Delafield, WI. I need to put things in boxes now before the time comes.

When our weather dipped into the low 70's for a few days.

Breakfast: I had a left over egg sandwich from the restaurant the other day. So it was 1/2 English muffin, Swiss Cheese, turkey sausage and 1 egg. It wasn't too bad even from being reheated in the Micro.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

dustnbones99 responded:
Name: DustnBones

Current Biggest Challenges: Getting through the day. I had only around an hours sleep last night and started the day with a panic attack.

Best summer moment so far: Honestly i haven't had one yet. i hate the summer. It's all just heat, bugs and feeling ill to me.

Breakfast: Peanut butter on wheat and a diet coke.

DavidHueben responded:
Biggest Challenge:

I have become legally blind in the last eight months. I can no longer drive, so transportation is a big issue. I depend upon my best friend, who happens to be an across the street neighbor, for getting me groceries, taking me to doctors' appointments, picking up things from CVS, and lots of day to day stuff at home. It is a real life changer.

Best Summer Moment:

An old friend brought me BBQ for lunch one day.

Breakfast:

I had a bowl of Wheaties and an English muffin with peanut butter. My usual breakfast these days!!!

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

dustnbones99 replied to DavidHueben's response:
I'm legally blind too and transportation has always been an issue for me. I've found that lots of people don't really understand this. i don't have anyone to drive me so i try to take a cab once a month to get groceries and other things. I recently had a problem in Target's pharmacy. They called to inform me that my meds were ready so i made a special trip to pick them up. They only had one vial of insulin though and i need 4. I was told to come back tomorrow for the other 3. The pharmacist looked at me like i was nuts when i told him i had no trasportation and couldn't afford another 20.00 cab ride.

mhall6252 responded:
Name - Michelle

Biggest health challenge - dealing with both Type 2 diabetes and Stage IV breast cancer

Organization - moving my mom next Monday to a different assisted living facility, closer to me. Not looking forward to spending Saturday packing up her stuff; lucky she doesn't have too much

Best summer moments so far - every day that I spend with my grandkids playing in the lake or at the ocean

Breakfast - hubby made bacon and scrambled eggs, I added some watermelon and some Diet V8 Splash (that stuff is pretty good at 3 carbs for 8 ounces)
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

laura2gemini2 responded:
Name: Laura

Current biggest challenge(s):
I really went off my diet during my birthday, so I need to lose those pesky 3-4 lb that I found.

I also found out that my bariatric surgery was not done correctly, so I have to make a decision to have it revised or keep it the way it is.

Best Summer moment so far:
Going to the State Fair and realizing that I could finally keep up with everyone else walking around.

Breakfast:
1 egg 1 egg white scrambled with a piece of ham.

Denial741974 responded:
I'm Den a diabetic, something concerns me I don't know where to go get help, but the past 30 years I kept paperwork and never throw anything away. I'm not sure if can be hoder but I keep a lot of paperwork underneath my bed smells Dapness in my closets full with paperwork I'm not sure if this is a problem but I can't seem to throw anything out I kept a a secret until now.
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

Denial741974 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Dave can I ask you a personal question?did the blindness come from the diabetes or did you have other health problems I'm just curious> Look group you be proud of me I'm talking about diabetes
no denial anymore in my health, it's a learning experience

Phototaker123 replied to Denial741974's response:
Phototaker

Biggest Challenge- Right now I'm trying to get my hip flexor muscle healed so I can take a trip and walk around. I've had a few really good days in the past month where I could walk without pain, and today was one of them. Mine is more an inconvenience, not life threatening, or something so severe as not being able to see. I did have a retinopathy test recently, which showed a very small amount of that in both my eyes, so I'm being very careful to keep my blood sugar levels stable. I will be tested again next year. I've decided to do some things for my eyes, eating more fish again and taking fish oil capsules.

I've had a few really neat summer moments, some with friends, and some photography little ventures where I took some photos of things I liked. I'm planning a summer moment actually soon, so hopefully that will be my biggest one! The biggest one was having a visit from my nephew and his wife, and really getting to know them much better. They live far away from me.

Breakfast- Oatmeal and de-caffe coffee

DavidHueben replied to Denial741974's response:
Den:

I have had two retinal detachment...one in each eye. It is unrelated to diabetes. My diabetes is well controlled. My last A1C was 5.0%. I have no other serious health issues.

As far as the pride thing goes, you should not try so hard to make others accept you simply because you talk about diabetes.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

I read frequently but don't always post.

Name: Dave

Staying sane while being a member of the Sandwich Generation. My father and father-in-law both have Alzheimer's. My dad is in a great assisted living facility but I am the 'responsible party'. I bring him weekly supplies and visit/call as much as possible. My mother-in-law takes care of father-in-law. Young adult sons living with us. Wife's job going through management transition pains.

Organization: Wonderful wife starts 2 weeks vacation on Monday. We hope to get our home clean and organized during that time. Since I am disabled, a dear friend is planning to help.

Being very thankful we had central a/c installed 23 years ago.

Breakfast
French toast made with high-fiber oat nut bread. Lite maple syrup and sugar-free strawberry jelly.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave - nice to see you here! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate - I'm glad that your father is in a good facility...that must be a relief on many levels.

You do have a dear friend if they are helping to clean and organize! Actually, I find helping others is much, much easier than working on my own projects - I wonder why that is?

And yippee for central A/C! My part of Southern California is under a "flex alert" to avoid brown-outs during the heat wave. I'm happy to not use the appliances but the air is staying on!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
Deb - are you moving permanently to WI? Or just for the doctors appointment?

That egg sandwich sounds delish.....I'm hungry!

Haylen

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen the sandwich was delish - as for moving I have lived in WI for a long time - I'll be moving from Waukesha to Delafield further away from my drs but close to my friend Marilyn who already moved.

I had a typo in my original post. It should have said I'll be moving as soon as an apt. comes available instead of appt.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com