Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Muster - August 13th!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good morning!

How was the weekend? What are you looking forward to this week (or NOT looking forward to?)

This is the place we share...anything at all!

It's going to be over 100 here in SoCal this week. Wow, I feel for everyone who has experienced a heat wave...I forgot how miserable it can be. However, one of my friends just returned from the Middle East and said it was routinely 120 where he was stationed - so this feels great to him.

My 90 year old father-in-law had a stroke over the weekend - he's recovering in the hospital and it appears that his speech has been mildly affected. "It could have been worse" seems to be the overriding diagnosis we we are trying to stay positive.

I wasn't able to run all the errands needed for my 7 year old so tonight I'll be hitting Target hard She starts 2nd grade on Tuesday - she's excited, I'm sort of anxious!

Who is next?

Haylen

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

The weekend was quiet and uneventful for me - very nice.

My wonderful wife has started her vacation off work for two weeks - she does not return until 8/29. We are planning to relax together a lot and get some projects done. Maybe some day trips and/or an overnight get-away.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday and wonderful week.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
Quiet weekend. Had some good Mediterranean food last night.

No plans this week, save an ophthalmologist appointment on Wednesday.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

mhall6252 responded:
I had a great weekend and we had dinner with some "new" friends at Newfound Lake in the lakes region of NH. Mother Nature rained a bit on our parade, but the evening ended with a lovely sunset over the lake.

Today I moved my mom to a new assisted living facility 9 minutes from our house. My hubby and I are exhausted, we got it all done, unpacked, everything in place including all her pictures on the wall, and now we have crashed into our recliners.

I have to be at the oncology clinic at 9:15 tomorrow morning for labs, and then back again on Wednesday to determine my next course of treatment. I suspect there will be a whirl of activity once that decision is made.

Haylen - I hope your FIL makes a full recovery. It's tough at that age, it doesn't take much to send them down a slippery slope. Positive thoughts coming his way for good progress.

Michellle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Debsbears responded:
Haylen - I hope your weather gets a tad better - we finally have weather in the 70's. My thoughts and prayers go out to your FIL that his speech returns normally.

Dave, may you and your wife have a very relaxing 2 weeks together while she is on vacation.

David H. My prayers go out to you as you go to the eye Dr. I am praying your sight will improve.

Michelle, My continued prayers go out to you, I am having a hard time with your recent curve ball, it isn't fair that you got cancer again, my heart goes out to you I wish there was something I could do for you - I am glad you and your husband were able to move your mom closer to you, I do hope she likes it.

I had a busy weekend - cleaned Marilyn's 2 bathrooms, shampooed her carpets on Sat. then played cards in the afternoon. Sunday helped Marilyn pack up her closets and kitchen so her son could take it to her new place.

This week only one appt. will be meeting with new Dr who is covering for my PCP who had emergency back surgery. I need to go over my Mayo results before I can post on my blog. There is much left undone. So in a few days I can blog all the findings, sorry it has taken so long. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

flutetooter responded:
I'm looking forward to our 50th wedding anniversary celebration party on Saturday. Big party for relatives and friends and neighbors. I'm way overloaded with planning and food buying and preparation. ...NOT worried about overeating because I have enough healthy food to choose from as well as the chips and dips for others. I'm really looking forward to this even being over, so we can get back to normal life.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

laura2gemini2 responded:
This weekend was nice, went clothes shopping. I fit into a size I havent gotten into since early high school. Im getting ready for a vaca with my hubby, the first since our honeymoon! Very exciting!

I was able to get a tire on my car patched instead of having to buy new ones, so Im very happy about that.

Weather this week will be in the high 70s all but 1 day, so I've been out jogging. Speaking of which, I was trying to move a really heavy mat flat onto the track because someone put it right in my way. I ended up dropping it and it fell onto my leg and I'm now sporting a really huge swollen bruise on my shin. Tomorrow the big shots are coming in and I am wearing a dress now with the bruise as an accessory.

mhall6252 replied to flutetooter's response:
Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary! My suggestion - savor every moment and don't wish your life away. Time is very precious!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Phototaker123 responded:
I had a pretty uneventful weekend, as I'm trying to rest my hip flex-or as much as possible, before I'm off on a photography trip.I see my physical therapist tomorrow. I haven't been able to do most of my exercise, UJam dancing, dancing on Friday and Sat. nights(salsa, ballroom), etc. but I have done the town music series on Friday nights with two friends, danced a few little dances(regular style), be able to swim, and that has been just joyful. I also went to Carmel and Monterey with a school friend this past week, and took some fun photos. I was able to walk around town, and I was happy about that. I met another friend I haven't seen in a while for lunch, too, and drove to San Juan Bautista for lunch another day. Mostly, I've been staying in, though trying to heal it.

I had the 2nd of my first cousins pass away suddenly, just recently, one a few days ago. This hit me really hard, as I grew up with both of them! They lived far away from me, and I only saw them occasionally as adults. One was my age.
It just makes me more feisty, that I'm going to get out of my box and do more things. I'm taking a small risk on my trip, but it's my "first" real out of the box things I'm doing. As our Michelle said, "Savor every moment!" I'm doing that more and more, taking risks I wouldn't have before, not waiting for tomorrow.

I also have another trip planned to see both my brothers and some friends. I didn't have the time or energy when I was teaching full-time to fly back East. Don't wait! Do it now, if you can.

Haylen, sorry about your father-in-law! It sounds like he's going to be okay...just needs a little bit of help recovering his speech.
Dave...hope you both can get the projects done together. It's good that she has some time off to relax, too.

David, hope your eye appt. goes well.

Michelle, those new friends sound wonderful. So good that you got your mom closer to you.

Deb, it sounds like you have a lot more energy now. That's great! I haven't been able to read too much lately.

Flute...have a wonderful 50 anniversary! Awesome!

Laura, that's great you went down in size...super! Sorry about the bruise...better than a broken leg!

Have a good week, everyone!

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

food that helps dibeties
Try raw vegetable. Blend raw veggies that are complex carbs. Complex take a long time to be converted into glocose. They are filling and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.