Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

my a1c is high, help with diet
    allmanrebel posted:
    hello, i,ve been atype 2 diabetic for afew yrs. i had my a1c come back my doctor said it was 6.5,the glucose was 163 . he said i need to get it down. my bad cholesterol is a bit high ,i,m on meds for it. i need some ideas as to what to do about what i can and cant eat. my b-friend eats pretty much what he wants. i,ve tried to explain to him that this has to be a chjange for good. i,ve been exercising and have lost weight. but i need some help on what to do. any ideas? please help! i,m 53, post menopausal, have tried on my own but its hard!

Phototaker123 responded:
    Check my answer to the young man. It may help. You can do this. Ask your doctor to talk to a dietician who will help you get started on what to eat. It's good that you're losing weight. It's hard living with someone who eats all those things around you, but you can do it!

Yes, it's hard but it gets easier. Ask questions to those of us on here. There are a lot of neat people who can help. Read Dr. Dansinger's ideas on the right side of foods to eat. He has many great ideas to doing this without medicine. It "is" a commitment, but it's better than being sick the rest of your life from not eating the right foods.

Keep up the exercise program!

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.