Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetic need advice
An_247171 posted:
I am diabetic for last year and a half. I am on tab Glycomet SR - 2 times a day. This medicine gives me severe acidity. Apart from insulin are there any other options to manage Diabeties. My last sugar test done on 14h July show HbA1C 7.3, fasting sugar 125.9 & PP 140.

mustang37b responded:
I'm not really sure, but David or others that has more knowledge can help you. I don't take insulin I'm sorry I cannot help,I just don't have much knowledge about this.

flutetooter replied to mustang37b's response:
Very good reponse, Mustang. I agree
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

mhall6252 responded:
Can you provide some information about your diet?

Are you eating the right amount of carbs?

Are you getting some daily exercise?

Are you overweight?

Have you discussed the "severe acidity" with your doctor?

What advice have you received from your doctor?

With this information, we may be able to offer some suggestions. In the meantime, be sure to read Dr. Michael Dansinger's tips on controlling or reversing diabetes. You'll see his picture and link on the right side of this page.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.