Skip to content
notice diabetes changing in body
mustang37b posted:
hello group, I noticed the past four years, my body is changing in the diabetes seen, when I first was diagnosed I was very thin and I was a blow diabetic, but the Dr. want to put me on medication for it, but year I told not to.now at the present I'm more heavier and can't seem to lose this extra weight especially in my belly. I notice is changing I got my last result and everything was hi, my cholesterol you name it. And think I'm really trying to work hard, I know my medication that I take causes high blood sugar and sometime low sugar, I remember my first HC1 it was 5.5 but now it's in the 7.5 percent. My friend and I was talking yesterday about diabetes and I told him changing, he's not expert but he feels the more get older I'll likely have more problems with the diabetes even how much I'm trying and maybe soon be on insulin.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mhall6252 responded:
It is true that Diabetes is typically a progressive disease. And over time, more medication may be required to keep blood sugar in control.

From what you've told us in the past, your diet could be better, which would help your a1c without adding more medication, including insulin. But if you continue to eat a lot of processed carbs, then yes, you may end up needing insulin.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

mustang37b replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, it's hard for me not to eat processed food. That's all I eat, but Monday through Friday with Meals on Wheels eat better. I just had cottage cheese for lunch and a poundcake the cottage cheese was horrible but I force myself to eat it. I buy a lot of Roman noodle soup and in the cup, it's really good, but I know that's processed food, I notice eat process food more on the weekends because wheels and meals are not delivered to my house and I just by things that are quick and easy over weekend.

Phototaker123 replied to mustang37b's response:
Tang....pound cake is very fattening, full of cholesterol, and high in carbs. Are the Meals on Wheels good for diabetic people? Pound cake makes me think it's not. You'll have to be smart and know what you can and can't eat. We told you about Calorieking.com. If you stop playing your computer games, you can go online and look at how many carbs you're eating in a meal. Take a pencil, and write down each carb numbers for the things you're eating. That would be a great thing to do. You want to keep your carb levels at each meal lower. If you're going to buy soup, try to get ones with meat in it, or put meat into it. You're not getting protein. That will make you eat more.

I don't understand what you meant by the medicine makes your carb levels to go "up". I know some medicines make it go down. Mine go up when I eat too many carbs at once. You "must" watch this, or you will have all the complications with diabetes that you don't want.

Phototaker123 replied to Phototaker123's response:
P.S. Tang...I won't be responding as much for a few weeks.
Good luck! I'll be away from my computer.

Anon_527 replied to mustang37b's response:
New user name. Same bad attitude. Same refusal to listen to advice. Same excuses.

I'm done here.

mustang37b replied to Anon_527's response:
Not true I am trying very hard take advise drinking lot water and exersing every day Mountain bike. I am even eating small mount of food and less junk that's truth Anon. Please give me chance it's new me. I just wish we can get along and be civil That all what to be your friend, wheals on meals is Diabetic Frendly, the bound cake made out of splener. I am really try group, I even am losing lot of weight that must tell anon really trying not same person before, my belly is smaller if webmd do want me take picture of my belly show every one belly is smaller, I just wish truth me anon I am really trying, you have give that chance wisdow for trying hard not perfect but I am trying very hard.

mustang37b replied to Phototaker123's response:
You have a nice day photo, I wish aron can like me photo, You know I am try very hard, know proud this week, I'm exersise every day now Mountain bike play pc game DC universe moderation. I do real stuff frist, photo main think proud of self whole 2 weeks I'm working very hard on my over all health, any way photo you have wonderful day. and group webmd nice day 2

DavidHueben replied to mustang37b's response:
Mustang/Den:

You are not making sense. Twelve hours ago, you said you were heavy and had belly fat.

One half day later, you are saying you have lost weight. Which is it?

I have lost 115 pounds since I was diagnosed. Surely you can lose 15 pounds. It's not that hard.

Can you count? Like simple addition and subtraction? Can you read labels on food packages? I know you cannot tell time. That is a necessary skill for counting carbs.

Ramen noodles are a poor food choice. Lots of carbs, fat, etc.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

mhall6252 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Mustang - David is correct. Ramen noodles are not good for someone with diabetes. If you want to have noodles, buy a box of whole wheat noodles or pasta (make sure it says "whole wheat" on the front of the package.

Buy a box of chicken stock. Both are cheap.

Cook one serving of the pasta, drain it and put it back in the pan.

Add some chicken stock to make a "soup".

To make it even healthier, buy a can of regular tomato sauce or canned tomatoes.

Stir some of the tomatoes into the soup and you have a much healthier version of Ramen noodles.

This will also help your cough from your cold.

You should get about 5 meals from these three ingredients.

Try to eat some fresh vegetables with the soup. Carrots, celery, cucumbers, peppers - right now is the season for fresh vegetables and they are all less expensive.

You can buy some pre-cooked chicken (even canned chicken in the same aisle where you get canned tuna fish) and add it to the soup to get some protein.

You are smart enough to follow these directions, and this will be much better for you than ramen noodles. And it will taste better.

Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

mustang37b replied to mhall6252's response:
udnderstand Michell but rember I'm only per Diabetes don't inslin or Diabetes mes but should eat healthy any way, the only time eat bad on weekends now, Monday - Friday I get wheals on meals diabetic friendly at least half time meals are good.

DavidHueben responded:
Mustang/Den:

If your A1C is 7.5%, you are not pre-diabetic. That is clearly in the diabetic range.

Why do you think you are pre-diabetic? Have you seen your doctor recently for lab tests?

Just because you don't use insulin or oral medications does not mean you are not diabetic!!! And drinking lots of water, while a good idea, does not prevent diabetes.

DMH
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

dustnbones99 replied to mustang37b's response:
I really have a hard time understanding you. A short time ago you wrote, "when I first was diagnosed I was very thin and I was a blow diabetic". I've never heard of a "blow diabetic" but thought you meant full blown diabetic. Now you are saying you are a pre diabetic. Which is it? The fact that you are not taking insulin, or oral meds, does not mean you are pre diabetic. It just means that your dr. thinks you can control your diabetes with diet and exercise. I doubt that is true if you think eating ramen noodles is a good idea.

DavidHueben responded:
Mustang/Den:

One simple question.

Do you think you are diabetic or pre-diabetic and what does your doctor say after your last lab tests?

DMH

- Winston S. Churchill

An_245101 replied to mustang37b's response:
According to the American Diabetes Association any one with a 6.5% or above on the A1c is diabetic.

Yours is 7.5% clearly diabetic NOT prediabetic. Please get on the meds for diabetes before you run into more problems. The way you eat even on the weekends is not good. You seriously need help for your diabetes.

Diabetic Meals on wheels still have sugar in them. Ramen Noodles are not good for anyone if you make it according the the package it contains1950mg of soduim per serving and 54mg of Carbs per serving. Not a healthy meal for anyone maybe it is a cheap meal but not healthy.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.